Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
PWT Buys Primedia Out - Page 8 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Tournament Message Board

Old 12-13-2006, 05:08 PM
A Kuff

Default RE: PWT Buys Primedia Out

Thanks for the info Gary. I am sure that the PWT staff will keep forging forward.

Hey, Fisherman. Nah, I don't think your over the top. In fact I still think that the future of walleye tournament fishing looks bright. My personal opinions are just that (personal), and I have learned to keep them private (ok sometimes I mess up that). I don't have any pretense of having a handle on where this is all going. It is going forward though. Looks like a pretty good schedule coming up for the PWT too (ataboy fellas). No one ever forced me into tournament fishing though. Even though it has been a hard road to travel I have no regrets about the past nor am I nervous about the future of the sport. Anything that will promote fishing is ok with me. Fishing is fun! even so tournaments are allot of work!

Only the rich don't have to work!

Andy Kuffer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2006, 05:47 PM
Charter Member

I would say that Keith Kavajecz and myself would be considered "Factory" fishermen. Through the years we've been very consistant in the tournament world and not only fish while representing various companies, but help with research and development, product testing, consulting, and marketing. Our income is solely from the fishing industry, and we take the representation of our "factories" very seriously. Others that I would consider would fall into that category would include: Scott and Marty Glorvigen, John Kolinski, Mike Gofron, Perry Good, Mark Martin, Gary Roach, Tom Backer, Tommy Skarlis, Scott Fairbairn, Doc Sampson, Rick Olson, Ron Gazvoda, Ron seeloff, and I'm sure a few more. Not all do all things in the industry, but all sponsored fishermen by large fishing companies. I.E. "Factory" fishermen. I hope this helps a little. All have a very Merry Christmas!

Gary Parsons

Old 12-15-2006, 12:22 PM
fox@i-is.com

Hi my name is Jerry Fox Jr. I work a full time job at Daimlerchrysler and fish tournaments full time. PWT/MWT/FLW
Old 12-15-2006, 12:58 PM
Charter Member

:funnypost: :funnypost: :funnypost: :funnypost:

Good one Jerry ........... took awhile for it to sink in.
You're one of those factory fishermen too......
Old 12-15-2006, 03:45 PM
NDr

I think this is going to be great for the PWT. I know when Primedia owned it their bean counters would make decisions like "we're cutting travel by 20%" and expect all areas of their business to follow. This created problems and frustrations for these guys. Expecially the PWT folks. The nature of their business requires travel. The guys in both the magazine areas and the tourney areas do an awesome job and I believe are truely experts in their fields. Hopefully their new owners will capitalize on what they have and give these guys the flexibility and resources they need to grow. Growth in both their magazines and their tourneys will benefit everyone of us sportsmen. As just a plain old fisherman, I see their tourneys as research and development teams and their magazines as their way of spreading the knowledge with the rest of us. While some people like this mag or that tourney, that minor stuff really doesn't matter much to me. I want all the major tourneys and all the magazines to survive and grow. They are my knowledge sources and the stronger they all are the smarter and better off each of us sportsman are. So, this fisherman is saying Good Luck to these guys and I hope their new owners help them grow!!!