Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Comment on possibilty of 5th FLW Tour event in 2008 and other thoughts. - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Tournament Message Board

Old 07-20-2007, 06:45 AM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Comment on possibilty of 5th FLW Tour event in 200...

Why did they ever change something that was working? Just to be more like BASS? What was their thinking behind that change? Any insight VikingsFan?

You've made some good points...and, it's worth pondering, I guess.

Also, can you refresh my memory a bit? How did that work? Wasn't it something like 40 anglers came from those doing all 6, and the 10 top finishers from each division, made it to the championship?

It would still need to be the same in order for what you said to work. It couldn't be 30 from each division that make it, like I8YOURFISH would like to see it go to.

Juls

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2007, 06:45 AM
Super Moderator

Why did they ever change something that was working? Just to be more like BASS? What was their thinking behind that change? Any insight VikingsFan?

You've made some good points...and, it's worth pondering, I guess.

Also, can you refresh my memory a bit? How did that work? Wasn't it something like 40 anglers came from those doing all 6, and the 10 top finishers from each division, made it to the championship?

It would still need to be the same in order for what you said to work. It couldn't be 30 from each division that make it, like I8YOURFISH would like to see it go to.

Juls

Old 07-20-2007, 06:46 AM

Fulltimer, you say you want more than four tournaments, here's your chance with three divisional tournaments in East Div., and West Div., fish all six, if thats not enough fish a couple PWT's.

Oldtimer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2007, 06:46 AM

Fulltimer, you say you want more than four tournaments, here's your chance with three divisional tournaments in East Div., and West Div., fish all six, if thats not enough fish a couple PWT's.

Oldtimer
Old 07-20-2007, 06:48 AM
Charter Member

Just throwing out another option here...........

What if they did go to 5 tournaments and you were allowed to use your top four finishes for qualifying for the championship. Wouldn't this be the win/win that many of you speak of? You would only have to do 4 if you chose this option and pick from 5 stops. The angler who was worried about making the championship could pick up the fifth tournament as leverage. The full time Pro could still do 5. The FLW grows by having 5 tournaments. What am I missing?

Here's my concern with the idea of having Pro's who do poorly go to the League level...........

I don't think they will. I think they would jump over to the PWT. Seems like there are still openings in the PWT regionals for them.

Great discussion and very civil !
Old 07-20-2007, 06:48 AM
Charter Member

Just throwing out another option here...........

What if they did go to 5 tournaments and you were allowed to use your top four finishes for qualifying for the championship. Wouldn't this be the win/win that many of you speak of? You would only have to do 4 if you chose this option and pick from 5 stops. The angler who was worried about making the championship could pick up the fifth tournament as leverage. The full time Pro could still do 5. The FLW grows by having 5 tournaments. What am I missing?

Here's my concern with the idea of having Pro's who do poorly go to the League level...........

I don't think they will. I think they would jump over to the PWT. Seems like there are still openings in the PWT regionals for them.

Great discussion and very civil !
Old 07-20-2007, 07:08 AM
Fill them up

I will like to see the FLW get 150 guys/gals fishing all 4 before they move to a 5th event. I know several Pro's like myself that the 5th tournament will force us to decide to fish all the events or just the ones we want. The way it sits right now, if they moved to a 5th, I would only fish the events I want and not worry about the Championship.

I believe there are many other anglers out there saying the same thing right now. If they add the 5th event, they will not fish all the events and in turn you will have even less anglers fishing all 5. Which is supposed to be the end goal.
Old 07-20-2007, 07:08 AM
Fill them up

I will like to see the FLW get 150 guys/gals fishing all 4 before they move to a 5th event. I know several Pro's like myself that the 5th tournament will force us to decide to fish all the events or just the ones we want. The way it sits right now, if they moved to a 5th, I would only fish the events I want and not worry about the Championship.

I believe there are many other anglers out there saying the same thing right now. If they add the 5th event, they will not fish all the events and in turn you will have even less anglers fishing all 5. Which is supposed to be the end goal.
Old 07-20-2007, 07:09 AM
Minnow

Default RE: Comment on possibilty of 5th FLW Tour event in 2008 and other thoughts.

Was it the 2 divisions that didn't work for the PWT? Was it something else in their business model? Or was it because what the competition had to offer. I'd have to think the competition that FLW Walleye Tour had a major impact on their struggles. Especially with the Full Time Pros that switched over.
Old 07-20-2007, 07:09 AM
Minnow

Default RE: Comment on possibilty of 5th FLW Tour event in 2008 and other thoughts.

Was it the 2 divisions that didn't work for the PWT? Was it something else in their business model? Or was it because what the competition had to offer. I'd have to think the competition that FLW Walleye Tour had a major impact on their struggles. Especially with the Full Time Pros that switched over.