Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
How to drive in big water - Page 8 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Notices

Old 02-01-2017, 04:12 PM
Wallhanger

When you are loading your boat in high winds, forget about backing your trailer parallel to the dock. Back your trailer into the direction of the wind as much as you can. It will help to eliminate the difficulty of crosswind crabbing your way onto the trailer and could keep you from beating your boat up against the dock. And if you are crabbing in crosswinds and mistime hitting the bunks, you can come crashing down onto the trailer fenders.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2017, 09:57 AM
Minnow

Next question: When in the thick of nasty conditions when the pucker factor is close to 100% who takes the time to adjust/run trim tabs if you have them? I have read a lot of what they can do and what you could use them for in bad conditions, in reality are they actually used when conditions get really bad, or is this more theory vs reality?
Old 02-26-2017, 07:54 PM
Wallhanger

So much helpful and insightful posts. I am so impressed. Safety is paramount. Throttle is so important. So is horsepower.

I am.not gonna tell war stories of my experiences, but you need to expose your self to situations. These little walleye boats we have are very elusive of danger if you learn. Learning doesn't not mean to be dangerous. But sometimes danger creeps up and finds you. Always respect the weather. It will kill you.