Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Lac Seul Outposts Chamberlin Narrows - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Notices

Old 03-06-2017, 05:47 PM
Minnow

Default Lac Seul Outposts Chamberlin Narrows

I'm heading to Lac Seul Outposts, Chamberlin Narrows on June19th for 5 days. Just wondering if their is a good navigation chip for this area? I will be dragging my 20' Lund with me the 1,300 miles (Rochester, NY) and hope to come home with my motor still intact. Also, would like to hear about other peoples experience is this area of Lac Seul. Dream of mine for years, can't wait Thanks Gary
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2017, 09:36 PM
Wallhanger

Gary,

Send me a PM with your email address and I'll send you some maps with spots that I have fished that would be very accessible from LSO ( within 5 miles of the camp ). I have stayed at LSO 8 or 9 times over the last 15 years,but have fished that area quite a bit since 1996. The time of year you are going is prime time. We made many a trip about two weeks earlier than your trip this year,but fishing should be about the same in terms of depths and techniques .

PjShorthorn
Old 03-07-2017, 12:36 PM
Wallhanger

You wil most likely folow someone from camp when you leave deception bay.be a good time to create a new route on your way up.the old canada map I have from navionics has a safe route on it that house boats use.ive used it and its awesome.the guys that work there can cut corners they know the way.so youll have nothing to worry about.always plsy it safe when you explore.go slow.

Old 03-14-2017, 03:46 PM
Minnow

Having the camp provide a map and hiring a guide for a day is my best advice for fishing Lac Seul. Lots of lake and enough shallow rocks to make a fisherman nervous, but, excellent fishing once you get started.
Old 04-13-2017, 02:13 PM
M Bullard

Default Lac Seul Outpost

Wizzard, I will also be up in camp that week. We are staying six days. First time up for us so looking for spots. They inform me that the dock hands can mark up a map and show the better locations. We will be using their boats.

Bullman
Old 04-14-2017, 07:00 AM
Wallhanger

You can catch walleyes right off their dock. Wapisi Bay is a good location to start. Generally any decent walleye location will hold walleyes. Points with drop offs to 20-25 FOW, long gravel shorelines with a weed bed are usually good in the AM and late in the afternoon & reefs and rock piles all hold walleyes. The area just east of the camp is also a good area if the wind isn't blowing at 20 MPH. Lots of prominent points and small deep shoreline bays in this area. I don't think you will have any problem finding walleyes.

Three are plenty of hazards, but take it easy at first and establish your travel routes. Have a great time.
Old 04-14-2017, 12:48 PM
M Bullard

Default Thank You

Thanks for the tips Baseline. Looking forward to the trip. I have never used live bait in Canada and was looking for opinions regarding this vs. Gulp or similar plastics. I have always done very well with Gulp, but find that others that have less experience tend to struggle at first, until they catch on to the method and hit. We are also planning on spending some time tracking down the perch during mid day to bring back. I'd assume they will be up in the shallow weeds, but if anyone has found them in other locations, please share what structure to look for. I know you can always catch a few mixed in the walleyes, but never numbers.
Old 04-14-2017, 01:37 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIZARD View Post
I'm heading to Lac Seul Outposts, Chamberlin Narrows on June19th for 5 days. Just wondering if their is a good navigation chip for this area? I will be dragging my 20' Lund with me the 1,300 miles (Rochester, NY) and hope to come home with my motor still intact. Also, would like to hear about other peoples experience is this area of Lac Seul. Dream of mine for years, can't wait Thanks Gary
Gary,

I have been going up there 2 - 3 times a year within the last 5 years. Used to use camp boats however now I bring my 620FS and so far (Knock on Wood) without any issues. One thing I recommend, and assuming you have some good electronics, is to get a Navionics Platinum map chip of Canada as it has a map of Lac Seul. Although the map of Lac Seul is not depth correct it has 2 important features. First it is water/land accurate so if you are laying a new trail down every day you will have a good record of where you are in relationship to the map, where you've been and how to get back safely. Second is that most hazards are marked on the map as an X. Not all hazards are marked and those that are are not all hazards however it is good to pay attention. The map will also have the houseboat routes which can give you a great idea of safe passages to the main areas. I look at it as pretty cheap insurance. As stated you will probably follow the camp boats in, that's a good place to start recording that way if you ever have to leave camp at a different time then the camp boats you can make it back by yourself.

That's a great time to be there and as everyone states you really don't have to go that far from camp to catch all the walleyes you want. Chamberlain Narrows is the main channel flowing south so there will be a little current. You can catch them right off the dock or simply motor across and fish the other side. Just north of the camp and to the left is many points along the channel that can be good. In fact here is a video I took of fishing out of a camp boat across from camp: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Yitm50mdCE&t=276s
Virtually any point next to 20+ feet of water can be good, I am partial to fishing in Tuk and Pecker Point can be a good spot but get's hammered alot. I am heading up for Ontario's fishing opener on May 20th and can't wait! Plastics can be real good, I like bright colors like Cabela's actiontail 4" grub in bubblegum/chartruese on a 1/4 oz. You can also read some of my posts about Lac Seul from Lac Seul Outposts on my blog: www.davidjanderson.blogspot.com Just go down on the left and find Lac Seul under the Labels and click it.

Good Luck and post a report!

Last edited by David Anderson; 04-14-2017 at 01:46 PM.
Old 04-18-2017, 05:50 AM
Slot Fish

Nice video David Anderson. I'll be trying Lac Seul for the first time this year. Taking a houseboat out of Hudson and heading for the Holden Island area. Hoping for some forth of July walleye fireworks.
Old 04-19-2017, 11:22 AM
Keeper

Been to this end of the lake 27 times and have only 1 bent prop (knock on wood (with my fist not my prop)). Started before GPS and just took it slow. GPS has greatly increased the range of travel for me. I use both the Navionics Canada and U.S. North chips. Both have the same information for Lac Seul. Just be smart and take your time. You will be fine.

fishmanric, pm me and I can provide you a couple of spots close to Holden Island to get you started. You should have no problems finding fish but it is a nice feeling to catch fish right away. Especially if you have some new guys along.

Paul