Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Looking for input - Mattice Lake Outfitters - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Notices

Old 03-07-2017, 06:01 PM
Keeper

Gordy

We actually stayed on Felsia Lake in 2007 thru Leuenbergers but fished most of the time on Hurst Lake. It's a huge body of water with all the structure you could ever want to fish. They have the two camps on the lake and not sure how busy the camps are or if they just use one of them now a days. We spend a lot of time fishing at the in flowing river and anytime of the day it was none stop walleye action with the average size being 2.5-3 lbs easily.

I'm not sure who owns it or what it is but there is a camp set up on the right side of the in coming flow that looks like either a native camp, a trappers set up or possible a moose camp someone has set up there not sure if legal or not but its there. There are no boats there so i'm not sure why its there.

If you have a chance I don't think you will be disappointed in the lake, its one I would consider going to if the chance every comes around in the future.

I made reference to it in this report http://www.canadafishingguide.net/fo...sia-lake-2007/

Good Luck with your choice
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2017, 08:43 AM
Minnow

Thanks all for the great feedback
Sounds like Hurst could be a winner as well - Smokey thanks for taking the time to post

Adam - I hear you re Pringle size but I do think our group is intrigued by the "fishiness"

On our last trip I think we figured out that quantity and "easy" numbers is big for us

Meeting next week with our group to finalize so the feedback is awesome

Will definitely post our choice when finalized

AG
Old 03-13-2017, 09:41 AM
Minnow

Default Hurst Lake

Hurst Lake has fantastic walleye fishing where the Attwood River comes into the lake. I fished Hurst while using Leuenberger's Felsia Lake cabin. Water levels were very low in June when I was there a few years back, and we actually had to leave a boat at Hurst and walk from Felsia boat to Hurst boat in the shallows. Water was shallow at incoming flow from Attwood Lake, and area where it came in from was filled with water grass, which was a source of many minnows and insects/nymphs. Walleyes were stacked and you could literally see them like trout in a stream. Even on bright sunny days the walleyes were there in the shallows from 1 feet to 12 feet deep. Nice sized fish as well, averaging 2 to 2 and half pounds. Bottom line is you could catch walleyes there at will all day long.
There is also a nice sandy beach area nearby for shore lunch.
Tried some other spots on the lake with limited success, always ended up at the hotspot.

Old 03-13-2017, 06:05 PM
Minnow

Default Mattice lake outfitters

Fishing with MLO is an outstanding vacation, you will not be disappointed. Although I have not fished on Hurst, I have been fishing on Attwood for several years (even before Don purchased the lake). Hurst connects with Attwood so the fishing would be very similar with Attwood being the larger lake. The fishing is excellent. The camps are not fancy but in very good condition & the boats & motors run very well. Don will do everything he can to fly you in & out on time, weather permitting. Last year we wanted to try something different so we went to Pringle. It's a much smaller lake with a lot of weed beds (even in the middle of the lake). We had bad weather but the fishing was good. Don told us since we had fished Attwood for so long, we would probably want to go back there. He was right, we simply like the style of fishing & the larger lake better. Pringle is a great walleye lake, just different from what we were used to. MLO also charges in Canadian dollars & the exchange rate is very good now. I hope you find what you are looking for.
Old 03-17-2017, 10:10 AM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bfgilly View Post
Fishing with MLO is an outstanding vacation, you will not be disappointed. Although I have not fished on Hurst, I have been fishing on Attwood for several years (even before Don purchased the lake). Hurst connects with Attwood so the fishing would be very similar with Attwood being the larger lake. The fishing is excellent. The camps are not fancy but in very good condition & the boats & motors run very well. Don will do everything he can to fly you in & out on time, weather permitting. Last year we wanted to try something different so we went to Pringle. It's a much smaller lake with a lot of weed beds (even in the middle of the lake). We had bad weather but the fishing was good. Don told us since we had fished Attwood for so long, we would probably want to go back there. He was right, we simply like the style of fishing & the larger lake better. Pringle is a great walleye lake, just different from what we were used to. MLO also charges in Canadian dollars & the exchange rate is very good now. I hope you find what you are looking for.
Thanks so much
Interested in the type of fishing on Pringle - re lots of weeds
Most of our experience has been fishing more traditional rocky shield structure on our trips - lots of jigging, lots of bouncing with harnesses
On Pringle with the weeds interested in how others fished the lake - jigging in the weeds? Slip bobbers? trolling around the edges?
Thanks so much
Gordy
Old Yesterday, 05:38 PM
Minnow

Default Pringle lake

Pringle is a pretty easy lake to fish. We were there at the end of August last year. Weeds were in the middle of the lake ( not all the way to the surface ) but you could work a jig through them with no problem. We had our best fishing at the Northeast end of the lake. There are a couple of small points on the way up that held fish. We also had an outstanding evening right behind the cabin. Enjoy your trip, you should have great fishing.