Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Advantage of Vantage ???? - Page 4 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Motors and Props

Notices

Old 03-16-2017, 09:43 PM
Wallhanger

Nope brand new. $1179.05 for vantage 80 lbs.
Terrova
Hydro Wave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2017, 02:55 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooli004 View Post
Why not just run your Helix 9 in the stern and run an extra power cable to the bow for those times you want it up there? Takes 30 seconds to move them around and depending on your fishing style, having a dedicated bow unit can be a waste of money for some guys. That way you'll have a Helix 10 and 9 in the stern but still have the option to run either one in the bow, and be able to afford the Vantage.
I like to have one at the bow when there are two guys in the boat. Then he/she can watch his/her depth as well. And I do move around a lot when I'm fishing. I'll fish in the back for a while, then go up front...of course when I'm alone.

But I do get what you're saying on moving the two units. I think I'll try the Vantage out first, then get another Helix this fall, unless I find a deal on craigslist or something like that.
Old 06-21-2017, 06:54 AM
Minnow

Thanks for this post, I am going through the same dilemma right now, I am a vertical jig guy for Lakers up here in Manitoba. some times the ipilot spot lock just cant keep my line straight enough in a wind, fishing 100 feet of water vertical and I am thinking the vantage is the way to go. Thanks to everyone on the maintenance tips, not sure if people are aware but my research has brought me to a vantage cradle that helps with the stability of the unit during travel. not sure if its a gimmick or not but looks legit enough to get me to bite...

Rod

Old 06-21-2017, 09:23 AM
Wallhanger

In the last month or so ive seen 2 vantages and one traxxis for sale and all have the same reason for selling, guys say they bough a new bow mount Minn Kota and no longer need the transom mount one.

Think if i wanted a 12v transom mount id be ordering a Haswing Comax or Cayman.
Terrova
Hydro Wave
Old Yesterday, 05:07 PM
Wallhanger

I have had a Vantage 101 for several years without problems, only put down the bow mount for the front HDS-8 transducer. Spotlock is nice occasionally, but day in and day out, I will use the Vantage.

Last edited by Skywagon; Yesterday at 05:09 PM.
Old Today, 05:26 AM
Charter Member

My 101 Vantage basicly just fills the hole in my wave Wacker.