Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Minimum garage depth for a Ranger 619 FS - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Notices

Old 02-24-2017, 08:45 AM
Ranger Team

I looked on rangers website and with a swing a way tongue the length of a 619fs on a trailer is about 22 feet 7 inches depending on the type motor. If you add a jackplate it is going to be really close. I would also be concerned about the garage door height. I have a 250 etec on a 620vs and with a 7 foot door I have less than 2 inches to spare. A Verado is a taller engine I believe. I would try to get a measurement from someone or a dealer that has one to be sure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2017, 10:05 AM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabecker View Post
I looked on rangers website and with a swing a way tongue the length of a 619fs on a trailer is about 22 feet 7 inches depending on the type motor. If you add a jackplate it is going to be really close. I would also be concerned about the garage door height. I have a 250 etec on a 620vs and with a 7 foot door I have less than 2 inches to spare. A Verado is a taller engine I believe. I would try to get a measurement from someone or a dealer that has one to be sure.
There's a Bass Pro in my area that has this exact engine on display. Think I'll drop by tomorrow with a tape measure.
Old 03-20-2017, 01:40 PM
Wallhanger

I am running into this dilema as well. I am looking at 19 footers. I have no issues height wise, as they built my garage with nice tall doors 9 footers. Problem is depth wise I only have 22'7" to work with for a boat.

I see the sites post about length with motor down and swing tongue folded. How much do you save (approx.) turning the motor to the side? I was looking to put a kicker and a power pole on as well.

Been looking at all of the 18 and 19 foot boats.
NPAA #803

Old 03-20-2017, 02:45 PM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACH View Post
I am running into this dilema as well. I am looking at 19 footers. I have no issues height wise, as they built my garage with nice tall doors 9 footers. Problem is depth wise I only have 22'7" to work with for a boat.

I see the sites post about length with motor down and swing tongue folded. How much do you save (approx.) turning the motor to the side? I was looking to put a kicker and a power pole on as well.

Been looking at all of the 18 and 19 foot boats.
Would imagine turning the motor saves 2 or 3 inches. Current garage is 23' 3". Current boat is 19' 6". With the tongue open, the motor down and to the side. I can put the boat straight in and almost touching the back wall. At that point there is about 6 inches beyond the end of the trolling motor maybe a little more. I also got the quick disconnect trolling motor mount just in case. If you have enough width you can park it at an angle to give you a little more room.
Old 03-21-2017, 09:41 AM
Wallhanger

Whoever had originally built my house had a complete brain fart on the garage design.

My third stall is nice and wide 10ft. But the knobs made it a 21 ft deep stall. Nice tall doors as well. Then made the 2 other stalls each 9 feet wide and 22'8 inches to the door.

So I am going to have to put my truck in the short wide stall and the boat in the middle stall, and the wifes ride in the 1st stall.

Once in the boat can probably be angled, but it will be tight on a wide boat getting through the door which I am not worried about.

I have no way of building the garage out either. Full brick home and gets expensive.

I have been looking at a couple boats, that say 22'4 and 21'7 with the motor down and swing tongue folded. I am going to the sportsmans show this weekend to hopefully verify some measurements on some of these boats to what there websites say. My wife says just let it sit outside. Which I thought about cause then I can get whatever I want size wise, but i plan to keep the boat for quite awhile and down want it getting wrecked over time by the elements.
NPAA #803