Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Mounting Terrova on a 617? - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Notices

Old 03-20-2017, 06:57 PM
Minnow

Default Mounting Terrova on a 617?

Hi guys,

I'm taking off a maxxum 54" and replacing with a Terrova 60", the mounting base on the Terrova is really small compared to the Maxxum. I bought a MKA 21 quick release bracket, I'm not sure that is the right choice?

Has anyone mounted one of these on a smaller ranger? The MKA 47 looks interesting but I'm not sure if it is too wide for my bow. I like the idea of it retracting for boat launch.

Also, should I be trying to mount so that the TM when deployed is as centered with the point of the bow as possible? I've seen some pictures where they look like they are off to the side.

Thanks for any advice I really appreciate it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2017, 08:55 PM
Keeper

Not an expert by any stretch of the imagination here. I just bought a used Terrova and mounted it to a quick release bracket last weekend. The bracket was under my MK Edge (sold to buy the Terrova). Not sure what model bracket it is, however the Terrova bolted up to it no problem, all the holes lined up.

Can't wait to get it out on the water and put it through its paces. Mine came with I-Pilot and I went from 12v to 24v. Had to buy a second group 31 battery and need to modify my battery storage to accommodate that third battery.

If someone can tell me how to identify the quick release bracket I'll go see what I have for you.

As for mounting, make sure the cut out area sits in-front of the bow. The trolling motor drops into that u shaped space. Being as close to the bow as possible makes navigating easier, the boat tracks better. You can offset it without too much trouble, just takes a little practice for boat control.
Old 03-22-2017, 05:34 AM
Slot Fish

hello tdubber, i removed an old scissor type trolling motor froma stratos 219 and installed a MK-47 plate and terrova ,the bolt holes won't line up and you will have to block a few ! here is a photo of the plate on but none with motor on .

Old 03-22-2017, 05:35 AM
Slot Fish

having trouble with pictures ! got it

Last edited by danlaboucane; 03-22-2017 at 05:39 AM.
Old 03-22-2017, 05:43 AM
Slot Fish

sorry cannot post pictures this morning ! but one point :i try to position motor +head so that it doesen't extend out of the boat so it can't rub on a dock or something and the plate does not extend past the boat much for cover protection and i do pull it in when travelling .
Old 03-22-2017, 05:46 AM
Slot Fish

i think i got it
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170226_165848.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	422.9 KB
ID:	249458   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170226_165838.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	386.1 KB
ID:	249466   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170226_165821.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	397.5 KB
ID:	249474  
Old 03-22-2017, 03:47 PM
Minnow

Thanks Dan,

So it looks like your trolling motor is just offset of the nose of the bow. That's what I was wondering about.

I try to do things exact, which probably isn't necessary?
Old 03-23-2017, 05:51 AM
Slot Fish

it all depends what you want hanging outside the boat ! i did not want anything out so the cover is easyer to mount and no motor or plate to rip it ,and i do reseach a lot before doing anything to try to do it once and to my liking. functionality is important to me,looks comes afterwards,and i do not think it change much if the motor is anywhere on the bow since it is pulling! i did installed one left on the bow and it worked the same.