Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Terrova or power drive - Page 4 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Notices

Old 03-20-2017, 07:26 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Winds View Post
I have found a coat of paste wax now and then really make the deploying and retrieving the PD quite easy. . . .
So did ArmourAll...even better on Terrovas

But we were talking about differences, just which people felt were better and why.

There's nothing wrong with the PowerDrive, I just like Terrovas much better.
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2017, 11:19 PM

Wedge. Wasn't suggesting using the anchor button. suggesting you use the AP. I suppose with 2 others in the boat none of them are cable of steering the boat with the remote while you are tying on some bait.

My foot control has come in handy too. It's always on board. last time my remote battery went dead the foot control saved the day. They do come in handy sometimes.

Last edited by 3M TA3; 03-20-2017 at 11:22 PM.
Old 03-21-2017, 03:57 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3M TA3 View Post
I thought these things had autopilot. Was thinking you could push the AP button while tying on your baits.
You are correct, not sure why he doesn't use it more to his advantage.

Actually "Autopilot" is the next step down from i-Pilot and must be removed to install a i-Pilot upgrade. i-Pilot Link is the next step up from i-Pilot which I do not have but it will follow contours on certain HUMMINBIRD depth finder with addition equipment.

With i-Pilot you can point the boat in any direction at first and push the "N" button on the remote and it will maintain that course. Then push the "cruise" button and it will also maintain that speed even if the wind or current changes.

Now if you already have traveled over a area of 2 miles or less the i-Pilot will follow that route back and forth all day long plus store it and 5 more routes you have already stored.

When I'm SLOW trolling on Erie for walleyes in the Easter Basin, I like to drag worm harness on the bottom. So I just use two rods and set my course then push the "N" button, get my speed correct, usually just under 1 mph and push the "cruise control" button. Now I sit back on the transom casting platform and enjoy a nice hot cup of coffee and take in the sights of other anglers going by thinking "it don't get no better than this". Why would anyone want a kicker to do this ? ? ?

Anyone with a Minn Kota Power Drive V2 unit can upgrade their TM to a i-Pilot for about $450 and 30 minutes of easy labor.

Hope this better explains some of the different units on the market today. Confusing, YES ! ! ! but very rewarding . . . .

Bob
Lowrance HDS7 Gen 2 Touch unit networked to a LMS 520c
Lowrance Engine Interface cable
Minn Kota Power Drive V2 US2 now with i-Pilot
Custom designed and built rod holders
Custom designed and built down rigger platforms
All towed with my Trusty G2 '07 Toyota Tundra