Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
LSS-2 How far below water surface - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Notices

Old 03-20-2017, 02:25 PM
Keeper

Default LSS-2 How far below water surface

I re powered my boat with a Command Thrust 60hp, and despite all other things being equal (transom height, etc) the boat has a definitely different attitude in the water when on plane.

This is causing a huge rooster tail from my LSS-2 that I didn't have before.

I may move the transducer up more so that it doesn't ride in the water when on plane, I don't really use down or side scan then anyways.

How submerged does the LSS-2 need to be when at rest in the water? My boat rides pretty low, the scuppers are barely above the water line when I am fishing from the rear, so I can probably move it any where I want and it will work just fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2017, 02:47 PM
Keeper

If you are only wanting it to read when at idle, anywhere submerged is good. As long as you don't have anything obstructing the LSS2's line of sight for side/down scan. Many guys run the imaging transducers above water line when on plane to save the expensive ducer in case of a high speed inpact.
Old 03-20-2017, 08:11 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter5117 View Post
I re powered my boat with a Command Thrust 60hp, and despite all other things being equal (transom height, etc) the boat has a definitely different attitude in the water when on plane.

This is causing a huge rooster tail from my LSS-2 that I didn't have before.

I may move the transducer up more so that it doesn't ride in the water when on plane, I don't really use down or side scan then anyways.

How submerged does the LSS-2 need to be when at rest in the water? My boat rides pretty low, the scuppers are barely above the water line when I am fishing from the rear, so I can probably move it any where I want and it will work just fine.
You can move it up high enough so that the ducer will be just above the bottom of your transom so its not in the water while running on plane (side scan & down scan doesn't work well if at all at high speeds anyway). I would be careful to not move it up to high cuz your motor can block the ducer signal and cast a shadow on the side scan.