Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
March MADNESS - Page 7 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Notices

Old 03-20-2017, 07:38 AM
Wallhanger

Nine ACC teams started the tournament...only UNC is left
Big Ten has three teams in the Sweet 16
My bracket is toast
The Lego Batman movie is horrible.

That is all. Carry on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2017, 03:29 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by thump55 View Post
Nine ACC teams started the tournament...only UNC is left
Big Ten has three teams in the Sweet 16
My bracket is toast
The Lego Batman movie is horrible.

That is all. Carry on.
It was almost Zero ACC teams if Arkansas had kept playing for the last 3 1/2 minutes even with NC having 8 on the floor during the game. Not to say that was what the reason NC won. We never helped ourselves at the end.
Old 03-20-2017, 04:01 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozarkeyes View Post
It was almost Zero ACC teams if Arkansas had kept playing for the last 3 1/2 minutes even with NC having 8 on the floor during the game. Not to say that was what the reason NC won. We never helped ourselves at the end.
Can't say the refs helped either. Kudos to you for not complaining but I think you got jobbed.

Old 03-20-2017, 04:39 PM
Wallhanger

You guys noticing that the teams that are the big name programs and the ones that get all the national press are getting alot of the calls/no calls. I was an official/Umpire for 8 yrs doing High school and lower level college games. Holy cow, are they watching the same game I am? Now I'm sitting in my comfy chair, but I know traveling, hand checking, hooking, and slaps on the arm when I see it and it just seems to me that the teams wearing the wrong jersey are on the wrong side of alot of calls. Teams that don't foul normally, are all of a sudden are in foul trouble, while on the other side of the court you can get away with getting right in someones grill and whack away and no call. You would think that with 3 of them on the court they could get it right. The Razorbacks got hosed, and have every right to be upset.
Old 03-20-2017, 04:49 PM
Keeper

The name programs getting favorable officiating has been a worsening problem for a number of years. Not sure there's a conscious effort to favor some teams but the refs read the papers and websites too. Tough to ref when the athletes are so big and quick but the NCAA needs to improve the officiating.
Old 03-20-2017, 05:26 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspencreek View Post
You guys noticing that the teams that are the big name programs and the ones that get all the national press are getting alot of the calls/no calls. I was an official/Umpire for 8 yrs doing High school and lower level college games. Holy cow, are they watching the same game I am? Now I'm sitting in my comfy chair, but I know traveling, hand checking, hooking, and slaps on the arm when I see it and it just seems to me that the teams wearing the wrong jersey are on the wrong side of alot of calls. Teams that don't foul normally, are all of a sudden are in foul trouble, while on the other side of the court you can get away with getting right in someones grill and whack away and no call. You would think that with 3 of them on the court they could get it right. The Razorbacks got hosed, and have every right to be upset.
I watched one play in the Kansas-Michigan State game that sure made me wonder. The Kansas player was dribbling down the floor, the MSU player touched him, the Kansas player came to a sudden halt near half-court, the MSU player kept going, the Kansas player jumped when the MSU player was 5' beyond him and shot the ball. The foul was called a "shooting foul". How can anyone commit a shooting foul before the offensive player even starts a shooting motion?

Last edited by yarcraft91; 03-20-2017 at 05:32 PM.
Old 03-20-2017, 06:03 PM
Wallhanger

How about that no goaltend in the NW Gonzaga game? The game is too fast for three refs. They need to add two more, one on each endline. They stay there and eyeball their own half of the court with power to call for a replay review of fouls. Replay reviews are limited to 30 seconds.
Old 03-20-2017, 09:20 PM
Wallhanger

I think that officiating in college basketball all as a whole has gotten worse. I'm not so sure it's the big money schools getting the calls as I think Kentucky often get the fuzzy end of the lolly pop. But the game is so much faster, I sure wouldn't want to make those charge/block calls in a split second.

This just in..............Coach K, being the saint he is, has reconsidered his punishment for Greyson Allen. He didn't feel he was harsh enough so he has extended his dismissal from the team for the rest of the NCAA tourney. He also states that if Allen acts up again, he will ban him for life, after the completion of his senior year.
Old 03-29-2017, 01:08 AM
Minnow

Although I know squat about pro and College basketball I entered the 'YAHOO FANTASY' tourney for MM.Had no idea who the players are or what teams were the favourites so I based my picks off of what information the YAHOO site provided.My bracket is still alive with the team I picked to win the championship,...Gonzaga.

So, what do you College basketball fanatics think the chances are of Gonzaga beating North Carolina in their semi-final matchup and then beating either South Carolina or Oregon in the final?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Page Capture 2.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	250834  

Last edited by Lake Of The Woods; 03-29-2017 at 01:12 AM.
Old 03-29-2017, 06:22 AM
Wallhanger

Default stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night...

Gonzaga plays South Carolina in the semis, not UNC.

The Zags look good, but that will be a great game. I am going with the upset and taking SC. They are faster and know how to put folks in foul trouble.

UNC has looked like men playing boys until they hit another future NBA team in Kentucky, but still managed a win. They should handle Oregon as long as they keep Dorsey's 3's in check.

UNC wins it all, and both semis are better games than the championship.