Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Invitation to Lake St. Joseph - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Notices

Old 02-09-2017, 12:19 PM
Keeper

Default Invitation to Lake St. Joseph

Four months from today four fellow Walleye Central members will be heading up to Lake St. Joseph for our umpteenth annual trip. Two of the group I first met through Walleye Central, have fished with many times since, and have become good friends. (Yes, Jim, youíre a good friend, too, but we didnít meet through Walleye CentralÖour kids getting married took care of that introduction). Usually the group has a few other friends or neighbors mixed in, but life happens, schedules conflict, health changes and the group morphs with it. So four of us are going so far this year but six to eight would be comfortable. This is an invitation for any W/C guys interested in fishing Lake St. Joseph to join us. The trip will be Friday, 6/9/17, through Saturday, 6/17/17.

As my name implies, I really enjoy Lake St. Joseph and have fished it for 16+ years. We fish primarily for walleyes but others target large northerns. (See Mike Borgerís posts). Sorry, there are no bass, crappies or muskies. Lake St. Joseph has two camps on the NE end, this cabin 25 miles into the lake and a couple outpost fly-in cabins at the SW end of the lake. Regulations require single, barbless hooks and a special permit to fish that limits fishing pressure and has allowed Lake St. Joseph to be a premier walleye lake.

The cabin, 25 miles from anyone else on the lake, has solar power, generator, full bath and kitchen, internet, sleeps 10, and is on a sheltered bay. Itís a boat-in trip. Weíre bringing two of our own boats and camp boats are available. The cabin is booked all summer so this is a good opportunity to try St. Joe without putting together a group and waiting for an open week.

The W/C group members are all St. Joe veterans, ranging from early 50ís to 70, and a pretty easy going, low key group. There may be a non-W/C member or two added, also, as several friends have expressed an interest but havenít committed yet. Total cost will be roughly $1,300 each, not counting license and any new equipment or tackle that you just canít do without. Jigs and twister tails will do, however.

Let me know if you have any questions, are interested in this trip or would like to be notified about future trips.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000813.jpg
Views:	334
Size:	543.4 KB
ID:	241553  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2017, 07:41 PM
Charter Member

This is a great opportunity you have made to the WC "family"....especially for anyone that would like to learn about St. Joe without having to put together a 1st trip there themselves.

If I wasn't heading up to a lake NE of the Soo that same week with my wife and family, I'd be in contact with you.

I know that St. Joe is a great fishery....and would be a memorable week with good guys.....kudo's to you and your friends for opening up your cabin and week so others can enjoy the St. Joe.

Rich B
Old 02-09-2017, 08:26 PM
Wallhanger

Default Take a good look at this!

Hey guys and gals! This trip sure looks interesting! I would be signing up for this trip if I didn't already have plans!
I hope this trip happens for some lucky fishermen!

Old 02-10-2017, 12:20 AM
Wallhanger

Sounds like a great chance, but I can't pull off a 20 hour drive each way. Sucks cuz it's a rare week I have off in between classes.
Old 02-10-2017, 05:29 AM
Keeper

Thanks for a very generous offer. Having two Ontario trips booked for this year eliminates me from considering it. Have a great trip.
Old 02-10-2017, 06:14 PM
Slot Fish

I sure wish I could go but don't think I can this year. I'm sure intrested some time in the future.
Old 02-11-2017, 07:00 AM
Wallhanger

Great offer, hopefully someone jumps on board!
Old 02-11-2017, 03:43 PM
Slot Fish

Dang it! Killing me. I would be up for this trip, but June 9 is my son's High School graduation. Still going to look for a third trip later in the Summer.
Old 02-15-2017, 03:51 AM
wolf1931

Red face thanks for the invite little to expensive for retired guy

keeper thanks for the invite always wanted to fish st joseph lake our group is doing 2 trips this yr : last week of may to English river about 1 hr north of kenora last resort (about $550/week) and last week of September peffley's resort (recommended from this website) for around $650 if you fellows have any other trips planned in this price range please keep us in mind:we housekeep and rent camp boats in 70's but all in good shape about 40 trips to Canada so we know what we are doing :drive from Chicago all retired very flexible :fishing 75% walleyes jigging and trolling 25% northerns casting and trolling ;huge texas hold'm players I have my own chip set so cash tournaments nightly please keep us in mind jim wolf Chicago boys
Old 03-20-2017, 09:21 PM
Keeper

Thank you to Walleye Central for all the great responses. Through the forum a W/C member and his uncle are joining us from Michigan and another W/C member from South Dakota will be joining our group. We're at 8 now and that's a good size, so our group is set. Thanks again, W/C.