Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Outstanding Lab pups - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Hunting Central > Hunting Dogs and dogs in general

Notices

Old 12-11-2014, 01:40 PM
Minnow

Default Outstanding Lab pups

Does anyone know who the breeder of labs is in southern WI. I think the breeder is a woman, who breeds good temperaments and guarantees the pups. We are not looking for backyard breeders but are looking for a professional breeder, who guarantees hips, eyes, and most of all temperament! Looking for a yellow female lab but would take an exceptional male.

Thanks,
Old Bulldog
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2014, 02:00 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by old bulldog View Post
Does anyone know who the breeder of labs is in southern WI. I think the breeder is a woman, who breeds good temperaments and guarantees the pups. We are not looking for backyard breeders but are looking for a professional breeder, who guarantees hips, eyes, and most of all temperament! Looking for a yellow female lab but would take an exceptional male.

Thanks,
Old Bulldog

Bulldog

We live in northern Illinois. Our rule of thumb for getting new pups is
get as far away from illinois as you can. Too much inbreeding and hip dysplasia etc. Look hard up you way. I have heard of outstanding Lab breeders up from the LaCrosse are through the St.Croix area.
Old 12-11-2014, 02:31 PM
Wallhanger

Call these guys. They are well known and have an excellent reputation for training so I'd bet they can point you in the right direction for trusted breeders in our area of Wi, and Mn.

http://www.dokkensoakridgekennels.com/
Helix 5

It's all fun and games till someone loses a walleye!

Old 12-11-2014, 03:32 PM
Wallhanger

We have had labs our whole lives. For our current one, we decided to adopt from a shelter. She was rescued from some where in Tn where they were going to kill the whole liter. She was born with a bad hip. Our vet said, odds are the whole litter had bad hips. We take her for water therapy once a week, and now 3 years old, she is doing great.
Old 12-14-2014, 12:08 PM
Wallhanger

http://www.cashmankennels.com/

Try this place. I know they used to do some of their own pups but mostly provide stud dogs. Then, they have listed the different breeders with what the litters will be and backgrounds. They pay attention to blood lines etc as well.

I got my current dog who is almost 8 from them and he is easily the best dog I have ever had. Beautiful yellow, great hunter and awesome with my kids. As a matter of fact I will probably try to track down his Dad to get another one from him if possible.
Old 12-15-2014, 02:10 PM
Minnow

Hi Bulldog,

Is this the place you are thinking about?

http://tangosredlabs.com/

I got my dog, Louie, from her (Georgia) and he has a wonderful temperament and is a fantastic companion. He does not bark unless there is a reason and he is big (90-100 lbs depending on time of year), blocky headed, strong and really beautiful. I have no idea if he would be a good hunting dog, but he is a strong swimmer. He sheds more than I thought he would but he is my first dog. I could not be more happy with my dog. Louie gets compliments everywhere he goes.

I know nothing about breeding but the pups were definitely socialized with people and the parents were on the premises. They are a small breeder.

Anyway I hope this helps!

Brad
Old 12-20-2014, 04:09 PM
Keeper

We got ours from Arrow Creek Kennel and have never had a dog with a better disposition. If I could clone this dog I would never look for another. She is the best family dog, easiest trained dog, so much more to say. The breeder is in Hammond, WI.
Old 12-20-2014, 04:17 PM
Wallhanger

Check out Dalecreek Gundogs, Tom is in honey creek, just outside of Burlington
Old 02-02-2015, 01:43 PM
Wallhanger

I'm thinking you're thinking of Mary How of Candlewood labs out of Portage. I checked with a ton of breeders from the midwest and ended up here www.hunterskennels.com Randy Moore is our breeder and he is fantastic. Kramer is about 1.5 years old and every few months or so Randy calls to see how he is doing. Kramer's mother Lexi and Grandmother Maggie are some of the best labs I have met. Both are superior hunting dogs (Maggie is a WORLD CHAMPION flushing dog) and are both internationally certified therapy dogs. To have a dog that can be cool calm and collected and then hunt with perfection is almost impossible. He tests for it all too....hips, eyes, elbows, Eic and other genetic disorders. Randy only does a breeding or 2 a year as he is a perfectionist with his dogs. Let him know Dave and Kramer sent ya!
Old 02-03-2015, 02:09 PM
Wallhanger

Are you looking for a breeder that breeds hunting labs?

Make sure you ask that. Not all breed for hunting.