Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Cabelas - Mitchell - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Hunting Central > Archery, Blackpowder, Rifles, Pistols, Shotguns...and whatever else you have.

Notices

Old 12-11-2015, 10:48 AM
Wallhanger

Default Cabelas - Mitchell

Not really sure what's going on wih the buyout of cabelas but their prices on ammo and accessories like mags and ammo boxes are the lowest I have seen in maybe a decade. Plus all the sale items and discount cards.
Didn't make it over to fishing, spent too much time and money in hunting.

Anyway I thought I would pass this along.
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2016, 08:08 PM
Wallhanger

Thumbs up same deal in Cabelas Glendale AZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregking View Post
Not really sure what's going on wih the buyout of cabelas but their prices on ammo and accessories like mags and ammo boxes are the lowest I have seen in maybe a decade. Plus all the sale items and discount cards.

Maybe company wide , Bulk Federal ammo at reload prices 9mm 40 45 ,223, most of the popular cal
Old 04-04-2016, 07:32 AM
Charter Member

Quote:

Buyout was a rumor started by a Billings, MT, now former, low level employee who had no inside information and nothing else to do....

Cabelas is a publicly traded company, it there was a buyout in process, SEC filings would be made. So far none. But people love rumors. This particular rumor will continue to surface for decades...

Cabelas ammo prices here (MN stores) are still 10-100% higher than they were 5 years ago. 9mm was sub $10 a box regularily, a brick of .22lr was $15-18 (now low $30s), etc. (I log all my ammo purchase in a little book.. yup very anal.)

Mags and accessories are indeed back to lower prices.

Old 04-04-2016, 09:06 PM
Wallhanger

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by VernH View Post
Buyout was a rumor started by a Billings, MT, now former, low level employee who had no inside information and nothing else to do....

Cabelas is a publicly traded company, it there was a buyout in process, SEC filings would be made. So far none. But people love rumors. This particular rumor will continue to surface for decades...

Cabelas ammo prices here (MN stores) are still 10-100% higher than they were 5 years ago. 9mm was sub $10 a box regularily, a brick of .22lr was $15-18 (now low $30s), etc. (I log all my ammo purchase in a little book.. yup very anal.)

Mags and accessories are indeed back to lower prices.
have you checked lately I was in there, Glendale Friday and was really surprised by the ammo sale prices ,
Old 04-05-2016, 05:41 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigM View Post
have you checked lately I was in there, Glendale Friday and was really surprised by the ammo sale prices ,
I live 10 miles form the Rogers store. I get there quite often. Was there this morning.

As an example, they sell a Herters brand of 9mm. It is made for them by S&B. The price today was $11.99. In 0ct 2010, they sold it as S&B ammo for $8.99 a box. (Walmart was selling Federal Champion Brass for $9.47 a box at that time)

In May 2013 I bought Rem Golden bullets in .22lr from Cabelas for $24.95 a box of 525. Last month on March 22, I bought the same brick of Golen bullets for $36. That's not cheaper in my book.

The ammo prices at Cabelas has come down, but they aren't as low as it was even 5 years ago, at least not the stuff I buy.
Old 04-06-2016, 07:29 AM
Keeper

Groceries aren't as low as they were 5 yrs. ago either!
Old 04-06-2016, 08:49 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chysteve View Post
Groceries aren't as low as they were 5 yrs. ago either!
But groceries aren't 50% higher (in most cases).

OP said prices were almost as low as they had been in "maybe a decade". I disagree.

Last edited by VernH; 04-06-2016 at 08:52 AM.
Old 04-06-2016, 10:30 AM
Wallhanger

What was the price of pmags 10 years ago? What was the price of a box of steel core 223 10 yrs ago?
Old 04-06-2016, 07:11 PM
Wallhanger

I've met a few young men who got all the steel core 5.56 ammo they wanted for free for a year at a time. There was some risk involved, however.
Old 04-07-2016, 06:51 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
What was the price of pmags 10 years ago? What was the price of a box of steel core 223 10 yrs ago?
I had no need to buy steel core 10 years ago. Still no need. The ranges I use don't allow its use.

Pmag costs are up and down depending upon which version you are buying. I'm guessing the costs on Pmag have dropped only because Magpul is now on version 3 or 4 and stores are clearing out old inventory.

You brought this up. I gave specific examples from the past few years.

Are you now saying you don't know what those prices were 10 years ago for comparison?

If costs have dropped in Mitchell, that's great. Buy as much as you can.

They haven't dropped as much here as they went up.