Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Ion w/10" - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Ice Fishing - Mainly a winter sport > Ice Fishing

Notices

Old 02-25-2016, 07:58 AM
Wallhanger

Maybe someday they will repay the favor by helping you shovel out your house and squeegee the floor. Just poking you, operators have to be smarter than their equipment, both augers have their place.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2016, 06:46 PM
Slot Fish

I've been in contact with Ion and they're sending me a different 10" bit. They say they have sold thousands and the 10" works. We'll see.
Old 01-24-2017, 08:03 PM
Slot Fish

Default 10" update

Well I thought I would update this thread about my 10" ION.
This fall they sent me a new 10" bit with a cast ring on it that holds the blades more ridgidly. I want to report, this thing cuts like a hot knife through butter now. I love my ION. This was free of charge by the way.

Old 01-25-2017, 02:04 PM
Slot Fish

This is not meant to be anything other than an actual question. Why do you guys like the 10 inch hole? I had a ten inch Jiffy for years but after going to an 8 inch Ion, I wondered why anybody would use a 10 inch hole again. I land more fish with the 8 inch because if they pop off the lure they don't have room to turn around and split. Also, 4 big holes in a portable takes up a lot of room and I used to lose a few small things down them. They are also a little dangerous if you step in one that was covered by snow. Broke my foot in a hidden one back in 2010. Is this a permanent shack thing? Thanks. Mrt.
Old 01-27-2017, 02:10 PM
Charter Member

10 inch holes have always scared me after I got a foot caught in one once.
Old 01-27-2017, 10:14 PM
Wallhanger

I bought the ION 8 earlier this year and it has worked great for me. I looked at the 10 inch, but decided against it. I've been fishing with an 8 inch hole for 30 years and have never had a problem get a fish up the hole.