Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Just got back from Pierre SD - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Members Fishing Reports

Notices

Old 10-16-2016, 04:52 PM
Keeper

Default Just got back from Pierre SD

Just got back from Pierre SD. Fished Lake Sharpe for two days and caught two 14 inch walleye and two itty bitty smallies. Did every trick I knew but nothing. Talked to one boat who had four keepers and seen maybe five boats in the field of eighteen put a fish in the well. Fished south of Farm Island and the bridges two South of the Bad River. Weather was a bit too calm and it was warm.
Really bummed out as this is two years and several trips to the Missouri River lakes that have flat out tanked. Don't know if I want to continue to dump resources into this area a lot. I will get out my golf clubs and clean them up after a several year absence. I suck at golf too but I can do it a lot cheaper and closer to home.
Mike Grandick
\
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2016, 04:57 PM
Wallhanger

I'm going up first week of November, weather permitting. Hopefully my story ends a little better than yours.

Was up once this year and did well and have been up last three falls, all with good results. Hopefully I'm not jinxing myself.

BTW, that's not you that I see out in the tundra pulling tube/skis on manawa every now and then is it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by WallyWarrior; 10-16-2016 at 05:00 PM.
Old 10-16-2016, 07:43 PM
Keeper

No I've never pulled anything with my boat but probably will as the grand daughters are 4 and 6years old. I wasn't aware of anyone in my area with a Tundra white or otherwise. I do use Manawa as a place to check out the boat for the year or take the girls for a ride. I'd like to compare notes on how that boat is doing. I'm so paranoid doing anything stressful with my boat from all the negative crap I've heard about Tracker and Tundra's in particular.
Mike Grandick

Old 10-16-2016, 08:25 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrandick View Post
No I've never pulled anything with my boat but probably will as the grand daughters are 4 and 6years old. I wasn't aware of anyone in my area with a Tundra white or otherwise. I do use Manawa as a place to check out the boat for the year or take the girls for a ride. I'd like to compare notes on how that boat is doing. I'm so paranoid doing anything stressful with my boat from all the negative crap I've heard about Tracker and Tundra's in particular.

Mike Grandick

I fish out there, a lot, just to kill time and get out after work. There was a white tundra out there quite a bit this summer and I thought maybe it was you, as it is a fairly uncommon boat and I knew you had one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-18-2016, 06:53 PM
Keeper

I did a cast and blast last weekend on francis case north of chamberlain. I had a line in the water at 8 and 3 keepers in the boat by 830. Then it just shut down. Small window to figure out the bite and get fish in the boat. Mine was a blue smile blade slowdeath setup.
Old 10-18-2016, 11:25 PM
Minnow

We did a one day trip to the river at Platte last Saturday. Put in at Dock 44 and fished south of the bridge.

3 guys for about 5 hrs, one 20 incher between us.

One of the guys has a cabin at Platte and fishes there every weekend.

For what it's worth, he said it was the worst summer fishing on the river that he can ever remember.
Old 10-19-2016, 05:13 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by used to be 97roughneck View Post
For what it's worth, he said it was the worst summer fishing on the river that he can ever remember.
It sure was.
Old 10-19-2016, 06:59 AM
Wallhanger

Are the fish there ? Fishing on Oahe was bad this year. Everyone said the fish went deep after baitfish(50 ft). Is that the case or have the fish died off like after 2011 ? I don't see any numbers posted by the Fisheries. Usually they do a count by now-- Really wondering if the fish are there??? Hope the whole system isn't in trouble !!
Old 10-19-2016, 06:39 PM
Keeper

The summer of the flood 2011 and this year I seen huge balls of baitfish. With scattered bait in between. On Sharp this week I seen some schools of fish that appeared to be an acre in size with mini balls everywhere. Same thing happened in 2011 to me(or it was my perception) Only in 11 I caught fish with the water 38 foot over flood pool pulling crankbaits. It was like I went to walleye heaven. This year on Francis Case and on Sharp very similar schools of bait but no bite. I know guides apparently did well. Golf clubs and bass fishing are in my future.
Mike Grandick
Old 11-01-2016, 08:35 PM
Wallhanger

In Pierre now. Two guys, got here at noon, limited by 2. All fish between 18 & 20". All healthy fat fish. Also ended the day with 5 three pound smallies and a 5lb cat. Caught another 30 or so small smallmouth and another 15 or so walleyes after we switched to targeting smallmouth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkhttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...3d3f8969b0.jpg

Last edited by WallyWarrior; 11-01-2016 at 08:41 PM.