Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Just got back from Pierre SD - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Members Fishing Reports

Notices

Old 11-02-2016, 03:29 AM
Minnow

[QUOTE=WallyWarrior;5180321]In Pierre now. Two guys, got here at noon, limited by 2. All fish between 18 & 20". All healthy fat fish. Also ended the day with 5 three pound smallies and a 5lb cat. Caught another 30 or so small smallmouth and another 15 or so walleyes after we switched to targeting smallmouth. QUOTE]

you got a bait and depth that is working best for ya?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2016, 08:12 PM
Do th jazz

Default Not so fast.

Well I am calling baloney on that one walleye warrior
We are here doing a cast and blast with 2 of the best guides
On the lake and caught 2 walleyes and multiple bass.

Hard to believe you.
Old 11-02-2016, 09:35 PM
Wallhanger

Default Just got back from Pierre SD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Do th jazz View Post
Well I am calling baloney on that one walleye warrior

We are here doing a cast and blast with 2 of the best guides

On the lake and caught 2 walleyes and multiple bass.

Hard to believe you.

I'm here tomorrow. Caught 7 keeper walleye and 5 good smallies today. Went to mclellands and had them fry the walleye so we could fish in the morning. We tried a different spot today for the morning and caught nothing. Went back to same as yesterday for the afternoon.

I'm in town again tonight and tomorrow night if you want to stop and look. Don't judge my cleaning skills on the the early ones though as my electric knife shelled out and I was basically sawing them with the blades.

I screen shot the pic below so you can see time stamp at the top:
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...d68dda5173.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by WallyWarrior; 11-02-2016 at 10:05 PM.

Old 11-02-2016, 09:41 PM
Wallhanger

[QUOTE=v1898 warrior;5180553]
Quote:
Originally Posted by WallyWarrior View Post
In Pierre now. Two guys, got here at noon, limited by 2. All fish between 18 & 20". All healthy fat fish. Also ended the day with 5 three pound smallies and a 5lb cat. Caught another 30 or so small smallmouth and another 15 or so walleyes after we switched to targeting smallmouth. QUOTE]

you got a bait and depth that is working best for ya?

1/4 oz jig and twister tipped w a minnow. Walleyes came deep, 40 feet. Luckily only caught a couple from that deep that went back. All others came while hitting smallmouth in 25ft. I had a green jig and white jig on my poles. Guy with me had yellow and white w black on his poles. Pretty equal across the board. In fact, they are the Johnson 1/4 oz jigs pre rigged from Walmart. Had to go buy more cause we lost a few today.

Smallies came on a walking sinker w a floating head behind it.

Old 11-03-2016, 04:35 AM
Minnow

Thanks WallyWarrior,
I believe ya as I know you don't post BS and that you are a good stick.

WW, enjoy the great weather that we have right now. and stay on them.

Like the way you do your fish, makes them a lot cleaner to fillet.
been doing it for years.

Wife and I are headed up to case today, to give it a go.
Old 11-03-2016, 07:33 PM
Wallhanger

Hit 8 again today to end the trip with a meal and possessions for both of us. Fish were just over 15 today in 25-30 feet. Jig and minnows again.

Also ended up with 9 good smallmouths. Threw back a lot of little smallies all afternoon.

Old 11-04-2016, 04:03 PM
Keeper

Wally
You fishing on Pierre or Sharp? I spent a day and a half on Sharp down by Farm Island. Green House on the bluff was the landmark. We pulled home the last day as the winds really came up bad and no one wanted to fish rough water.
If the boat wasn't paid for I'd seriously think about getting rid of it and the associated payment. Such has been the last two years.
I've been pheasant hunting the last two weeks with marginal success. Too much corn they just shoot into standing corn and I won't put the dog in there. Probably put the boat up even though the weather is near 80.
Mike Grandick
Old 11-04-2016, 06:41 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrandick View Post
Wally

You fishing on Pierre or Sharp? I spent a day and a half on Sharp down by Farm Island. Green House on the bluff was the landmark. We pulled home the last day as the winds really came up bad and no one wanted to fish rough water.

If the boat wasn't paid for I'd seriously think about getting rid of it and the associated payment. Such has been the last two years.

I've been pheasant hunting the last two weeks with marginal success. Too much corn they just shoot into standing corn and I won't put the dog in there. Probably put the boat up even though the weather is near 80.

Mike Grandick

Sharpe. Lodged in Pierre. Hit the big lake second morning and caught nothing. Went back to sharpe.

I'm Winterizing mine tomorrow. I work retail so I will be busy up until Xmas. The weather the last 4 days was unbelievable and looks as though it will be for the next couple weeks. Wish I could keep the boat out and hit some semi local lakes, but just won't happen.

Also wish I was doing some pheasant hunting. There is nothing I enjoy more than pheasant hunting over a good dog, even fishing (2nd passion). I actually got a lab to hunt with seven years ago, after running Goldens my whole life. She does not enjoy hunting whatsoever. Great family dog, but no hunting drive. I haven't hunted wild birds in probably 5 yrs.

There's some other places to go within 6 hours of us. If you are planning a trip, pm me. Maybe I can help you out.

Last edited by WallyWarrior; 11-04-2016 at 06:45 PM.
Old 11-07-2016, 12:38 PM
Keeper

WallyWarrior
Thanks for the offered help. I have a deal here locally where I hunt with a group who owns several farms managed for deer and pheasants. Still too much corn in but they are generally loaded with birds. I provide my Vizsla and I usually have my GoPro and Canon camcorder. I do carry a shotgun but rarely shoot. I've been training pointing dogs for a long time but no more dogs after this one. Something happened after I had to put down my older dog last March. Like losing a child.
I'm really glad you got into them at Pierre. When my son worked there just after he got out of the NAVY we went there often and just loaded them up on Sharpe and Oahe. This is the first trip since 1997 where we didn't do well. Can't win them all. Mobridge has also been great through the years. I really can't complain about one bad trip to Pierre but following a dismal season at Pickstown it was kind of a kick in the balls.
In one breath I say I should sell the boat and golf then I'm down at Bass Pro talking to my old cronies about a Zv 18. Kind of a schizoid behavior. As of yesterday the Tundra is tucked away in a semi heated metal shed with a concrete floor Everything is still in the boat but my Pro Qualifier rain gear.
So much for this year.
Mike Grandick
Old 11-07-2016, 05:36 PM
Wallhanger

I hunted wild pheasants yesterday for the first time in quite a few years. Just me and my dog. Saw more than I planned. Your post got me to go back out and try. Dog worked **** well for the long lapse and fact that she didn't enjoy it last time out, years ago. Was really surprised that she would wind and run on birds. Very encouraging as I can correct the drive to overhunt.

Kids joined me for last draw where I picked up the second.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...d0b407125a.jpg