Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
N.P.A.A. Conference - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Notices

Old 10-26-2016, 01:28 PM
Supporting Vendor

Default N.P.A.A. Conference

Who is going to this years conference Jan. 6-7-8

I attached the registration form and the agenda for the conference. This is all also on the site at the following link:

http://npaa.net/nppa-2016-annual-conference/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2016, 01:36 PM
Charter Member

I'll be there!
Old 10-26-2016, 01:37 PM
Wallhanger

Looks like non-members are still welcome to attend the Saturday night banquet?

http://npaa.net/site/wp-content/uplo...gistration.pdf

HRG

Old 10-26-2016, 02:19 PM
Wallhanger

didn't know the NPAA still existed
Old 10-27-2016, 09:03 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKM View Post
didn't know the NPAA still existed
Alive and running strong my friend. Looks like it's time for you to become a member!

I am hoping to try and get there, but work trips may hinder that for me.
NPAA #803
Old 10-27-2016, 10:35 AM
Wallhanger

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACH View Post
Alive and running strong my friend. Looks like it's time for you to become a member!

I am hoping to try and get there, but work trips may hinder that for me.
cool
Old 11-01-2016, 09:12 AM
Minnow

I plan on being there.
Old 11-03-2016, 10:00 AM
Slot Fish

Default More reasons to attend...><((*>J

What an amazing organization, as both a charter captain and touring walleye angler the National Professional Anglers Association is near and dear to my heart! There are so many obvious benefits of belonging to the NPAA, here are just a few of the many examples;

1. Access to the CORRECT commercial boat insurance (important!) – Policies are underwritten specifically for tournament anglers, guides and charter captains.

2. NPAA Annual Conference – Educational seminars especially for angling professionals. Tremendous networking opportunities.

3. Member press releases forwarded to over 2,000 people including media and industry contacts.

4. “Members Only” programs – Discounts for Members on NPAA Partner products.
Member contact information listed on the NPAA website for members and sponsor partners.

5. Knowing that your professional organization participates with the industry in lobbying to protect sportfishing.

6. ***** Pass on the Passion – Participate in NPAA-sponsored kids events to ensure the future of fishing.

As a professional angler all of the NPAA members benefits are very important to me. However without hesitation the Future Anglers Foundation (FAF) is the most vital piece. It is common knowledge that anything great and sustaining is built upon a strong Foundation. The FAF is that integral key to growing and maintaining of our beloved sport.
As many of you know, I witnessed this first hand nearly a year ago on my annual happy birthday to me fishing trip. What I witnessed that cold December day forever changed the way I look at how important teaching the art of angling really is. I would like to share the post I made on my Facebook page about my experience.

My Best Birthday Ever..><(((*>J

To all my friends and family who wished me a happy birthday yesterday, I send a Very heart felt “thank you”. When I launched the boat yesterday morning for my annual birthday day on the water and one of the few chances to keep some fish for myself this season, I had no Idea how special my day would end.
I'm not going to tell you about how tough the day was or how I managed to find a limit of nice fish in an odd ball spot. I AM going to share the experience I had once I returned to the dock. This experience has left me teary eyed every time I think about it; shoot … even now as I write this.

I want to preface the story with, I am so proud to belong to the National Professional Anglers Association and The Walleye Federation. Both groups of anglers not only care about the future of our sport but also understand its importance. (You’ll understand in a minute.)

As I returned to the dock last evening, I noticed a young girl and boy standing on the end of the dock casting twister tails. My first reaction was: “Wow, that’s pretty cool. These kids enjoy fishing so much they have peddled their bikes in this cold December weather in hopes of catching a fish.” As I was tying up the boat, the young boy seemed annoyed that I had run over his fishing hole. He walked off the dock and onto another continuing to cast as he went. The young lady approached me and just started chatting like she had known me all of her ten or eleven years. She asked if I had had any luck and mentioned they hadn't caught anything. I ask her what she was fishing for; she simply said just a fish. I kind of chuckled not knowing how important that "just a fish" was. I began tidying up the boat and noticed her rod. I looked over to see her brother had an identical one. They looked like rods I had seen so many times given to youth after tournament events.
The conversation then took a turn. As her voice lowered, she kind of leaned in the boat and ask if she could see the fish. I said sure. So I opened the live well lid and she peered in. She turned to me and said, “This is gonna make my brother mad, but could you spare one of those.” HMMM. I thought for a minute and said “Absolutely. Let me get the boat on the trailer and we'll pick out a good one.” She thanked me, what seemed like twenty times, as she ran off the dock to tell her brother.
No sooner had I gotten out of the truck, here they come. I invited them into the boat to pick out the one they wanted. As the young man chased the biggest one  around the live well, I asked what they were going to do with him. The young lady’s answer was short and sweet "EAT IT". I ask who's going to clean it. A clear echoing voice from deep in the live well replied "ME". I mentioned, ”You can eat the cheeks from a walleye”. The young lady replied, "They're good in spaghetti". I knew then this fish was in good hands…lol
After a lengthy selection process, they jumped out of the boat. As I was handing them their dinner, I sensed someone approaching the boat. What I hadn't noticed earlier was a police officer, parked off to the side, watching the whole chain of events. He struck up a quick conversation by saying, "You just did a great thing"! I asked why? He shared that he's sure home is a tough place for these two and their siblings; that good meals are few and far between. He has watched these two feed their little brothers and sisters all summer off this shore line. As the emotions flooded through me, on so many different levels, it was hard to fight back the welling in my eyes. Without hesitation, I ask the officer if he knew where they lived and if I could put the rest of the fish in something, would he deliver them for me. He said he would be happy to and this would allow him to check up on "things". At this point the two almost had their fish lashed to a bike, I interrupted them. I said, “Hey guys, I just got a text from home and I'm going to be late. I don't think I'm going to have time to clean all these fish, would you like to have them.” OMG those incredible smiles burnt right into this old heart. You could immediately see them starting to problem solve on how to get six big walleye home on their bicycles. I told them, “This nice officer said he'd follow you home with the fish if you like.” We had a quick lesson on freezing fish, actually I got a quick lesson! Lol After a little scrounging in the truck, I found a couple of big garbage bags and quickly loaded the catch. As the fish and their rods were being placed in the trunk of the squad car, I received one of greatest fishing related payments of my career; the best around the neck hugs I've ever had in my life! A quick hand shake and shoulder bump with the officer and everybody was on their way.
It was about that time my buddy Jay showed up to fish the night turn. I was so excited and moved I could hardly tell him the story. As I drove home, my feelings and mind raced all over the place; from feeling good about what I did, to feeling sad about their situation, to realizing that the big hearted police officer was most likely their guardian angel.
One thing is for sure, I will never again miss the opportunity to teach the art of angling.

Captain Randy Gaines
Randy Gaines NPAA#598

"Happiness Is Getting Bit"
Old 11-07-2016, 04:49 PM
Minnow

Cant wait to get to the conference this year!!! Always a great time for sure, and I have not missed a year in a long time. I think their Future Angler Foundation is one of the greatest programs in our industry. You gotta see the kids smile when they receive their rods and reels. Great Job Everyone!

Brandon Stanton
NPAA #923
Old 11-08-2016, 04:06 PM
Minnow

I plan on being there. A great conference for any fisherman.