Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
The Official New Years Countdown 2017 - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Notices

Old 01-25-2017, 09:05 AM
Keeper

Just confirmed my 3 dates at Whitewing Resort on Lac Seul. June 17th with my Wife and Grandson, July 15th with my Son - in - Law and his Dad, and August 12th with my Wife. Summer can't get here fast enough!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2017, 07:13 PM
Minnow

Default Mellchett & Onaman out of nakina

Dang a 1/2 a year away!
Into Mellchett July 28 thru Aug 4 with the normal gang of 6. Then little brother and I make the 15 hr journey back to Nakina for a week at Onaman lake Sept 3-10th. Long way away! Thinking maybe should book a spring trip to cut the wait down! The wife would be in her glory to get rid of me for 3 weeks. Halfmoon
Old 01-28-2017, 07:47 PM
Charter Member

Default North Caribou Lake

153 Days until Myself, My Sister and 3 friends (Phishfearme & 2 other Pittsburgh anglers) wet our lines on North Caribou .Going for 10 Days from July 1st to July 10th with Pete Johnsons Pickle Lake Outposts out of Pickle Lake . I fished at North Caribou in 2007 had a Great Trip, Due to Family stuff and work related stuff didn't go to Canada last year, so I'm chomping at the bit to go this year

Old 01-28-2017, 08:09 PM
Charter Member

Default Cedar Lake chain (Vermilion Bay) x 24 hour drive x 110 days

Only 110 days until heading northbound for a 24 hour drive (2 days on the road) to Cedar Point Resort for the Spring Opener....had an excellent Opener week of fishing last Spring and am hopeful this one is another great week of fishing...it's always a fun week with good friends and lot's of laughs, and just a matter of how good the fishing will be.

Have 2 friends flying up up from Florida, and others joining us from Ohio, PA, Wisconsin and MN.

Never one to wish away time, though I am keeping my eyes on the calendar (ha)....

Faith, Family, Friends.....and fishing,

Rich B
Old 01-31-2017, 05:10 PM
4T2

Default Red Lake

171 days until we start driving, 172 until we put the new boat in at St. Paul's Access on Red Lake.

Old 01-31-2017, 06:46 PM
Wallhanger

Default New boat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
171 days until we start driving, 172 until we put the new boat in at St. Paul's Access on Red Lake.

Good to hear about the new boat! Have a great trip!
Old 02-01-2017, 04:41 AM
wolf1931

Red face last resort on english river

fellow fishermen going to last resort on English river about 1 hr north of kenora might have as many as 8 fishermen Indians run the operation near their reservation 90 miles of water and about 45 minute boat ride 2 lakes that hold lake trout normal water levels allow you to boat right in ;lakers shallow this time of yr 5 yrs ago we caught a 17# one (released never, never, never keep a big fish ) great price approximately $550/week includes cabin, boat and 20 hp motor minnows extra 5 gallons of gas/day they have 5 cabins going last week of may;then peffley's last week of September dave seems like a great owner jim wolf Chicago boys also found a private lake situation 50 miles from Hayward Wisconsin 4 lakes $110/day includes 3 meals must use their boats and motors don't want foreign species invading their lakes (no one allowed to fish lakes except guests muskies 215 10 over 45" 2015 2016 166 largest walleye 30" largest large mouth 22" 4 days 3rd week of june will report boyd's /mason lake resort owners will allow fish to be eaten and taken homr;again we are sportsmen will release all muskies, and large walleyes, and bass
Old 02-01-2017, 08:45 PM
Wallhanger

Default 220!

Funny story, I didn't expect to have a trip this year. Tough to get a group together these days. A birthday card hoped I would have a good fishing trip this year. My wife heard me say, no trip for me this year. She said " If you take me, your will have a trip this year!"
So I have always wanted to try Cedar Lake, so we have a trip to Cedar Point Resort September 9-16!
220 days to go!
Old 02-02-2017, 04:23 AM
wolf1931

Red face fished cedar lake about 5 years

dave are you the fisherman we met at lac seul near ear falls about 7 years ago ( you had your own boat and gave us some tips in the fish house???) the owners at cedar lake resort were great a nice camp we went there the 2nd week of seotember but did not have much luck for walleyes (fished were owner suggested but probably did not fish deep enough : two guys from group just casted all day every for the week and caught 2 huge muskies 46" and 48" actually near camp (of course released went into perault lake one day no luck ;we always do 2 trips per year out of Chicago maybe join our group if you are having a hard time getting fishermen??? let me know jim wolf Chicago boys where do you live?? we always do housekeeping
Old 02-02-2017, 08:20 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf1931 View Post
dave are you the fisherman we met at lac seul near ear falls about 7 years ago ( you had your own boat and gave us some tips in the fish house???) the owners at cedar lake resort were great a nice camp we went there the 2nd week of seotember but did not have much luck for walleyes (fished were owner suggested but probably did not fish deep enough : two guys from group just casted all day every for the week and caught 2 huge muskies 46" and 48" actually near camp (of course released went into perault lake one day no luck ;we always do 2 trips per year out of Chicago maybe join our group if you are having a hard time getting fishermen??? let me know jim wolf Chicago boys where do you live?? we always do housekeeping
I always shudder when i read guys dont have much luck fishing cedar,especially in sept.heres my tip.dont listen to camp owners.they dont fish.lol.there only going by what last weeks guests are telling them.those spots they send people to are old spots from the 80's.they get pounded year after year.i see all the camps boats sitting on thise spots week after week.there is also the right way and the wrong way to fish.