Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Trying to find a camp/lodge question - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Notices

Old 01-12-2017, 07:25 PM
Wallhanger

Default Attn: pooch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adempsey2.0 View Post
This place always interested me, but never been and don't know anything more than what the website says.

http://wildewoodonlakesavant.com/
This place looks/sounds great to me too! Hopefully pooch, will post on this lake. I know he has fished this lake for many years. Happy Shopping!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2017, 07:49 PM
Minnow

try any of the lodges on Gullrock , it is a relatively small lake with access to 4 other lakes, great fishing, the camps have a rule of no fish over 18 inches coming out of the lake, but most of the people i have met on the lake, can live with that stipulation because they catch so many fish they see the policy of keeping the spawning size fish in the lake,

i know some of the camps have guest that claim they have 4 persons in a group that boat over a thousand walleye in a week. i personally know 2 guys that use a cliker to keep track of the fish they catch and in a weekend each guy has caught over 200 walleye.

catch and release really works and you can see that result on gullrock

if you are looking at booking , do it soon,
Old 01-14-2017, 09:21 AM
Minnow

Not sure where you are driving from, but sounds like distance is no problem for you. How about Gow-Bush-Kon Lodge in Northeastern Ontario, still great walleye fishing and the lake is not so big that it gets too rough.

Old 01-14-2017, 11:23 AM
Wallhanger

I agree with prov1800.
In fact I have been to Cedar 7 times and am going back this August.
I also recommend the Indian Chain, where I fished before switching to Cedar.
In either case the walleye fishing is very good but no so easy as to be no challenge at all. They are also big enough so you shouldn't get bored fishing the same sots over and over but they are not so big that you get wind problems. And they also have Musky, SMB and Crappie.
And on either lake I will stay at Clark's resort. I have been fishing out of there resorts for 20+ years and never been disappointed. They run a great operation. Everything is in good shape, clean and ready to go.
Humminbird Helix 10 mega si and 2 898s
Talon 12'
Lowrance HDS 5 gen2, used mostly for engine monitoring.

Free advice, and worth every penny.
Old 01-14-2017, 02:41 PM
Minnow

Thumbs up Try western Quebec!

Not sure of your location, but if you're willing to travel to Western Quebec you might want to consider Sasseginaga Outpost (sasseginagaoutpost.com). Located north east of North Bay, Ontario about 2 1/2 hrs. The last leg of the trip is 50 miles of logging roads. This remoteness ensures fishing success. Similar to fly in camps with regards to remoteness and fishing success at a fraction of the costs. You can even bring your own boat if you choose. This past season produced serval trophy walleye and healthy quantities of 20"+ eyes. There is a slot limit on this lake allowing you to harvest fish from 15" ~21". Basically, all fish over 21" have a lease on life keeping the population healthy and improving your odds of landing a sow. Sasseginaga Outpost offers modern cabins with house keeping amenities. Some of their cabins are located at their main camp and others are remote outposts. They supply 14' & 16' boats with 9.9 and 15 hp motors.
Old 01-14-2017, 10:00 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by pale ryder View Post
I agree with prov1800.
In fact I have been to Cedar 7 times and am going back this August.
I also recommend the Indian Chain, where I fished before switching to Cedar.
In either case the walleye fishing is very good but no so easy as to be no challenge at all. They are also big enough so you shouldn't get bored fishing the same sots over and over but they are not so big that you get wind problems. And they also have Musky, SMB and Crappie.
And on either lake I will stay at Clark's resort. I have been fishing out of there resorts for 20+ years and never been disappointed. They run a great operation. Everything is in good shape, clean and ready to go.
Catch you in august.
Old 01-14-2017, 11:42 PM
Minnow

Your group needs to look at Lost Island Lodge on Lac Seul!! I understand you say the big water of Lac Seul bothers some in the group. Well Lost Island Lodge out of Hudson, ON approaches Lac Seul from the South/SouthEast end and the water is much smaller in this area with great Walleye fishing throughout. From Ear Falls on the NW to West side of Lac Seul you will spend more travel time across the "Big Water" but out of Hudson the water is still 60-90 ft deep in the channel but all the slews, dead ends and island fishing you just have so much area to fish and not having to be out on the Big Water, if you don't want to. We fish within 1000ft of the Lodge as well as going 35-40 miles up thew channel all depending on the day and this last year there were multiple 28", 29", and a 31" during our 4 days at the Lost Island Lodge.

They have quality boats for your guys on their own and they have top flight guides for anyone that would rather take the guided tour of Lac Seul. Walleye numbers are great and the focus of the aree while Northern can show up and add some diversity as well.

You will not be disappointed in the number of fish, species, channels. slews, and smaller water area's of the Southern portion of Lac Seul.

4 years of going to Lost Island Lodge and 7 trips and not one disappointing trip! Shane and Sam Hayes are a family run, family owned business and they will not let you down!!!
HDS 10"
HDS 7"
101lb 36V Terrova

Last edited by Boss621Ranger; 01-14-2017 at 11:48 PM.
Old 01-15-2017, 09:51 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by prov1800 View Post
Catch you in august.
Looking forward to seeing you again. We'll be at Northern lights August 19 thru the 26th.
Humminbird Helix 10 mega si and 2 898s
Talon 12'
Lowrance HDS 5 gen2, used mostly for engine monitoring.

Free advice, and worth every penny.
Old 01-15-2017, 05:31 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by pale ryder View Post
Looking forward to seeing you again. We'll be at Northern lights August 19 thru the 26th.
It will be a great week iam sure.
Old 01-19-2017, 08:58 PM
Minnow

I believe we have all of your boxes checked, please give us a call and check us out timberedgecamps.com on Minnitaki Lake 12 miles south of Sioux Lookout.