Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
What do you guys think? - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Notices

Old 01-26-2017, 05:02 PM
Wallhanger

Default Well done!!

Nice job Mike! Any first effort will always be something to build on! Keep them coming! Ice out is still a ways to go!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2017, 05:10 PM
Charter Member

Without doubt, the best fishing video I've watched all winter. I like your self filming technique. My favorite is your addition of stills. Those are some great shots. Very inspiring.
Old 01-26-2017, 06:20 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnhzkr View Post
Real nice, Mike. Watching the show took me back to a trip I got to take with my dad to Selwyn, back in about '98. I'm sure we stayed at the same hotel in Saskatoon and transferred planes in Stony Rapids. I appreciate the tip about the Doctor Spoons and dressing them up with the plastic skirt and twister tail. I'll file that one away for my next trip.
Glad you enjoyed! Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoopertrout View Post
Very nice! The only suggestion I have is to maybe use gentler music in the first part, but that's just personal preference.
Well I guess that rules out the thrash metal soundtrack I chose for the next one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallydave View Post
Nice job Mike! Any first effort will always be something to build on! Keep them coming! Ice out is still a ways to go!
Thanks Dave!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Moose View Post
Without doubt, the best fishing video I've watched all winter. I like your self filming technique. My favorite is your addition of stills. Those are some great shots. Very inspiring.
High praise, thank you! I tend to be hyper self critical so don't agree, but it's still nice to hear.

Old 01-26-2017, 06:23 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSimon View Post

What sets the great ones apart from the good ones is the HOST. A fun and engaging host makes the show SOO much better, in my opinion. Also, polish isn't always good. Silly moments are more fun to watch.
Okay, you want unpolished and silly, watch this LOL! Filmed last fall at Echoing Lake. (you need to crank the volume up to hear exactly what Chris is saying near the end. )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xk7fJVkdKtM
Old 01-26-2017, 06:35 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Borger View Post
Okay, you want unpolished and silly, watch this LOL! Filmed last fall at Echoing Lake. (you need to crank the volume up to hear exactly what Chris is saying near the end. )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xk7fJVkdKtM
Dick,

That is a good video. I thought you would have looked a little bigger on film.

PjShorthorn
Old 01-26-2017, 08:29 PM
Minnow

What type of mic are you using for the voice over? Just a suggestion, but you might wnt to look into using a mic specifically for voiceovers, that way you do not get an echo or sound like you are talking in a box. Also, I would suggest a wind cover if you do not have one for your camera and even then it can be tough with wind. Rode makes some good ones. Now a days, the things that separate good youtube videos from just ok ones is the audio. Everyone has great video, but the audio is key. I watch a ton of youtube videos, I definitely liked your story line and thought it had a good theme, shore up the audio and you will be good to go! Nice Job!
Old 01-26-2017, 08:35 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricSlide19 View Post
What type of mic are you using for the voice over? Just a suggestion, but you might wnt to look into using a mic specifically for voiceovers, that way you do not get an echo or sound like you are talking in a box. Also, I would suggest a wind cover if you do not have one for your camera and even then it can be tough with wind.
I really enjoyed the video but have to agree about the audio, especially early in the segment. I look forward to future videos.
Old 01-27-2017, 06:02 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjshorthorn View Post
Dick,

That is a good video. I thought you would have looked a little bigger on film.

PjShorthorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricSlide19 View Post
What type of mic are you using for the voice over? Just a suggestion, but you might wnt to look into using a mic specifically for voiceovers, that way you do not get an echo or sound like you are talking in a box. Also, I would suggest a wind cover if you do not have one for your camera and even then it can be tough with wind. Rode makes some good ones. Now a days, the things that separate good youtube videos from just ok ones is the audio. Everyone has great video, but the audio is key. I watch a ton of youtube videos, I definitely liked your story line and thought it had a good theme, shore up the audio and you will be good to go! Nice Job!
I had a small boom mic on my DSLR for the voice overs. The guy in the boat with me filming was using some kind of high end camcorder with a gigantic fur covered boom mic. You're 100% right of course, and I agree with everything you said. Like I said, first attempt. Whether there's a second remains to be seen, but I'm hopeful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Multispecies Guy View Post
I really enjoyed the video but have to agree about the audio, especially early in the segment. I look forward to future videos.
Thanks, and I do agree with you, the audio was a sore point with me.
Old 01-27-2017, 06:07 AM
Wallhanger

[QUOTE=Mike Borger;5294666]

Somehow I have a feeling that trophy you won has been on a few prior trips....LOL. My son stills holds the golden plunger trophy from a few of our trips

PjShorthorn
Old 01-27-2017, 06:28 AM
Wallhanger

[QUOTE=pjshorthorn;5294674]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Borger View Post

Somehow I have a feeling that trophy you won has been on a few prior trips....LOL. My son stills holds the golden plunger trophy from a few of our trips

PjShorthorn
Chris found it years ago at another outpost camp and always bring it along now for good luck.

The Golden Plunger sounds prodigious, kudos to him.