Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Minimum garage depth for a Ranger 619 FS - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Notices

Old 02-21-2017, 01:48 PM
Slot Fish

Default Minimum garage depth for a Ranger 619 FS

Garage measures 23' 3" deep.

Buying a 619 with a 225 Verado and a hydraulic jack plate. Read that the Verado has a built in offset. Any idea how much offset?

Just a little concerned that the boat might be a little too long to fit in my garage with a jack plate.

Current boat is 19 6, has a 6 jack plate. I lower the motor and turn as far to the the side as possible. I am able to close the door even with the trolling motor sticking out about 4 6 .

Asked the dealer for the 4" jp. He says Ranger decides which is best and it might be a 6"

Anyone have the same setup? Can you tell me how long it is?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2017, 04:31 PM
Keeper

Best thing is to bring a tape to the dealer. Lower the tongue jack. Tilt and turn the motor. I have 23' 6" in my garage and I think a 620 or a 20' reata would just barely sneak in there without turning the boat sideways. Verados are biggest of the motors. You could save some room with a etec I'm sure.
Old 02-21-2017, 04:37 PM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie Man View Post
Best thing is to bring a tape to the dealer. Lower the tongue jack. Tilt and turn the motor. I have 23' 6" in my garage and I think a 620 or a 20' reata would just barely sneak in there without turning the boat sideways. Verados are biggest of the motors. You could save some room with a etec I'm sure.
They don't stock and have never sold an FS at this dealership. I live in bass boat country as you can see by my name. Being able to measure an actual boat would have been the ticket though. Any of the big 3 seem to be pretty big.

Old 02-21-2017, 05:07 PM
Keeper

I found Rangers website to be very accurate.

Give rapid marine in St. Cloud, MN a call I know they have a 619 on the floor. They likely won't have one with a jack plate but they will have one with a Verado.
Old 02-21-2017, 05:37 PM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie Man View Post
I found Rangers website to be very accurate.

Give rapid marine in St. Cloud, MN a call I know they have a 619 on the floor. They likely won't have one with a jack plate but they will have one with a Verado.
That would work or hopefully some nice person with a 619 and a verado sitting in their garage will be nice enough to measure it.
Old 02-22-2017, 08:17 AM
Charter Member

I have a 619VS with a 225 Optimax and no jack plate. Before we moved, we had a 26' deep garage and there was no problem backing it in there. With the swing away tongue open, and the motor straight, there was room to walk in front of the boat. The garage we now have is only 24' deep and it can be done, but it is tight. I do not know how the jack plate will affect the overall length.
One other area to check is the height of your garage door. My existing height is only 7' and I cannot have the bump seat up when backing in. any future doors will be at least 8' tall.

I would suggest that you look on Bass boat central and contact Pete Peterson at Pro Choice Marine. He has been very helpful in answering questions I had when I was contemplating getting a new FS series Ranger.
Tom
Old 02-22-2017, 12:43 PM
Slot Fish

Been told the jack plate will be 4". With the offset built into the motor should put it at 6 to 8. The FS is 3" longer than my current boat with a 6" jp, assuming all measurements are accurate. So I am looking at about 5" difference. Hoping my garage will accommodate the difference but just in case I also added a quick release trolling motor mount.
Old 02-22-2017, 12:47 PM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomr View Post
I have a 619VS with a 225 Optimax and no jack plate. Before we moved, we had a 26' deep garage and there was no problem backing it in there. With the swing away tongue open, and the motor straight, there was room to walk in front of the boat. The garage we now have is only 24' deep and it can be done, but it is tight. I do not know how the jack plate will affect the overall length.
One other area to check is the height of your garage door. My existing height is only 7' and I cannot have the bump seat up when backing in. any future doors will be at least 8' tall.

I would suggest that you look on Bass boat central and contact Pete Peterson at Pro Choice Marine. He has been very helpful in answering questions I had when I was contemplating getting a new FS series Ranger.
Tom
Tom, do you put your motor all the way down and turn it to the side?
Current garage is 7', hoping I don't have to make it an 8'.
Old 02-24-2017, 07:26 AM
Charter Member

M angler,
Sorry for the late reply. I was gone for a day or so.
When I back in, i put the skag of my motor so it is about 1" above the drive and garage floor. I do not turn the motor at all. With the 7' door I have enough clearance. My clearance is a lot closer on the front fold down seat and the bubble windows, if the garage door sags a little instead of giving me the full 7'. My older garage had 1-1/12" clear of these 2 items. My existing garage, since the door sags a little requires me to hold it up slightly, manually and then I only have minimal clearance for the seat. A lot may depend on the slope from the drive into your garage, and if there is a slight rise between the approach and the garage.
I know, we are planning a new garage and I will have 8' doors.
hope this helps,
Tom
Old 02-24-2017, 08:25 AM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomr View Post
M angler,
Sorry for the late reply. I was gone for a day or so.
When I back in, i put the skag of my motor so it is about 1" above the drive and garage floor. I do not turn the motor at all. With the 7' door I have enough clearance. My clearance is a lot closer on the front fold down seat and the bubble windows, if the garage door sags a little instead of giving me the full 7'. My older garage had 1-1/12" clear of these 2 items. My existing garage, since the door sags a little requires me to hold it up slightly, manually and then I only have minimal clearance for the seat. A lot may depend on the slope from the drive into your garage, and if there is a slight rise between the approach and the garage.
I know, we are planning a new garage and I will have 8' doors.
hope this helps,
Tom
Thanks Tom. Your garage is about 8" deeper than mine so I can see not having to turn the motor. Also the VS is 2" shorter than the FS. I've checked my measurements several times, I am figuring that with the motor down and turned to the side I should be able to close the garage door though I may have to remove the trolling motor to do so. In anticipation of this, I added a quick release to the TM.
There is an incline into the garage of 4 - 5 degrees. Not sure how that's going to effect things. I also added a hydraulic jackplate so I can move it up or down as needed.