Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Mounting SI Transducer - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Notices

Old 03-17-2017, 05:42 PM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrenf442 View Post
Run 2 SI transducers, add another transducer mounting plate and place your transducers at the furthest point on each plate away from the engine, then place your high speed transducer beside and lower then one of the SI transducers. I run mine that way and works excellent. Almost impossible to get any interference from the engine.

The picture isnt of my boat but another guy on here sent it to me and i set mine up just like his, and it works perfectly. .
Will this placemnt work for a DI transducer? The high speed won' interfere with down-imaging?

I have the Y cable and new mounting plate and am ready to install the high speed and DI on the starboard side.

Only want to do this once; so want to make sure I place them both in a good spot.

Thanks.

Rick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2017, 06:29 PM
Wallhanger

If your only running the DI transducer and a high speed follow the instructions. When running 2 SI the head unit isnt taking the inside beams just the outside thats why the high speed is inside the SI traducer instead of outside.
Terrova
Hydro Wave
Old 03-17-2017, 06:53 PM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrenf442 View Post
If your only running the DI transducer and a high speed follow the instructions. When running 2 SI the head unit isnt taking the inside beams just the outside thats why the high speed is inside the SI traducer instead of outside.
Instructions? They don't mention dual transducers, at least in the Helix 10DI and Helix 7 transducer installation manuals they don't.

I want high speed readings more than anything; so it seems that placing the high speed lower than the DI is what I would want to do; however I don't want the DI beams to hit the high speed transducer and mess it up.

Thanks.

Rick

Old 03-17-2017, 10:45 PM
Wallhanger

You don't have to worry about anything with DI. DI does shoot out as an oval beam, but you shouldn't have any problems. I'd just mount them next to each other about 3" apart. DI being flush with hull, highspeed slightly below (about 1/8" lower)

Be sure to level them individually with how your boat sits during operation. There are videos on youtube of how to do this, your high speed will likely not be at the same angle as your DI.
Old 03-18-2017, 06:40 AM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin23 View Post
You don't have to worry about anything with DI. DI does shoot out as an oval beam, but you shouldn't have any problems. I'd just mount them next to each other about 3" apart. DI being flush with hull, highspeed slightly below (about 1/8" lower)

Be sure to level them individually with how your boat sits during operation. There are videos on youtube of how to do this, your high speed will likely not be at the same angle as your DI.
Thanks Kevin. So can I have the high speed ducer lower on the left and the DI to the right of it a little higher? Basically wanting the high speed to be lowest in the water to have the best chance of reading on plane (assuming lower on the hull is better for this).

Have a great day.
Old 03-18-2017, 06:57 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin23 View Post

Kevin,
It will be a few more weeks before I get to test mine, but here's how i mounted them.

HRG
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0715.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	199.5 KB
ID:	248474  
Old 03-18-2017, 07:27 AM
Wallhanger

Location: tHE eDgE 0f tW!L!gHT , aNd tHe c0rr!D0r oF dArKne$$ tRans!T!0n. (49349)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Runr Guy View Post
Kevin,
It will be a few more weeks before I get to test mine, but here's how i mounted them.

HRG
New toy(s) Terry??

HB
Helix 12 MSI G2N(v1.40),AS-RC1x2, Helix 12 DI(v1.40),Helix 12 SI(v1.40),859ciHDDI(v7.65),AS GPS HS, AS GRP i-Pliot LINK, 688ciHD DI v7.52,~'91Lowe 1730V
https://www.universalmania.com

Old 03-18-2017, 07:33 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfw1960 View Post
New toy(s) Terry??
No, just disappointed with the 2D performance from the DI 'ducer, so I bought the SI-2D Y-cable, and had a 2D in stock, so I'm giving it a try.

If it works, great. If not, it's all just plug & play,,,,,

HRG
Old 03-18-2017, 07:48 AM
Wallhanger

Location: tHE eDgE 0f tW!L!gHT , aNd tHe c0rr!D0r oF dArKne$$ tRans!T!0n. (49349)

Gotcha.

The DI XDCR has a considerably smaller 2D element than the 200/30 does because it accommodates the 455KHz 2D transmission also.

You should be fine once you switch that over to HB DI200/83 XDCR selection with the dual setup.

HB
Helix 12 MSI G2N(v1.40),AS-RC1x2, Helix 12 DI(v1.40),Helix 12 SI(v1.40),859ciHDDI(v7.65),AS GPS HS, AS GRP i-Pliot LINK, 688ciHD DI v7.52,~'91Lowe 1730V
https://www.universalmania.com

Old 03-18-2017, 10:30 AM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfw1960 View Post
Gotcha.

The DI XDCR has a considerably smaller 2D element than the 200/30 does because it accommodates the 455KHz 2D transmission also.

You should be fine once you switch that over to HB DI200/83 XDCR selection with the dual setup.

I ordered the wrong Y cable I guess. The AS SI DB Y does not work; so I ordered the AS SILR Y as it's the only other cable that looks like it might work.

H-bird web-site doesn't list which units this one works for; just says won't work with mega units?

Can someone confirm which Y cable I need for my Helix 10DI and high speed dual-beam ducer?

Thanks.

Rick