Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Mounting SI Transducer - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Notices

Old 03-18-2017, 10:39 AM
Wallhanger

Location: tHE eDgE 0f tW!L!gHT , aNd tHe c0rr!D0r oF dArKne$$ tRans!T!0n. (49349)

The AS SILR Y is for running a dual SI XDCR setup and splits left & right channels.

You would have had to plugged in the existing splitter incorrectly (which is labeled on the ends) and not chosen the HB DI200/83 setting or it should work.

HB
Helix 12 MSI G2N(v1.40),AS-RC1x2, Helix 12 DI(v1.40),Helix 12 SI(v1.40),859ciHDDI(v7.65),AS GPS HS, AS GRP i-Pliot LINK, 688ciHD DI v7.52,~'91Lowe 1730V
https://www.universalmania.com

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2017, 10:49 AM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfw1960 View Post
The AS SILR Y is for running a dual SI XDCR setup and splits left & right channels.

You would have had to plugged in the existing splitter incorrectly (which is labeled on the ends) and not chosen the HB DI200/83 setting or it should work.
The male/female plugs are not even close to the same; so they do not even connect; soIi didn't change any setting in the unit itself yet? I wonder if my package had the wrong one inside from the h-bird factory?

Again I have a Helix 10DI and a dual-beam transducer; trying to run both at once.

Thanks.
Old 03-18-2017, 10:58 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TackleJunky View Post
Thanks Kevin. So can I have the high speed ducer lower on the left and the DI to the right of it a little higher? Basically wanting the high speed to be lowest in the water to have the best chance of reading on plane (assuming lower on the hull is better for this).

Have a great day.
Exactly right. The DI is also a more expensive transducer, so having it flush will only cause one transducer loss in the event that you don't see that submerged floating log when running in the morning. If you don't worry about that, you can mount the DI lower as well, might give a slightly better reading, but I highly doubt it.

Old 03-18-2017, 11:11 AM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin23 View Post
Exactly right. The DI is also a more expensive transducer, so having it flush will only cause one transducer loss in the event that you don't see that submerged floating log when running in the morning. If you don't worry about that, you can mount the DI lower as well, might give a slightly better reading, but I highly doubt it.
Thanks both are mounted and look great; but I'm having issues with the Y cable for my Helix 10DI.

I purchased the AS SI DB Y and it DOES NOT work with my transducers. The package says will work with 300, 500, 600, 700, 800, 900, 1100, and Helix 5 units?

The dual beam doesn't fit either? You can clearly see which pin holes in the female/cable are plugged it neither matches the DI or dual beam male ends?

This is weird; I have to think the cable in the unopened package is the wrong one?

Sorry to be a pain but I'm ready to try this out once I get the ducers hooked up to my Helix 10!!

Rick
Old 03-18-2017, 11:17 AM
Wallhanger

Rick,
Just a thought, but you have to REALLY push the male ends into the female sockets on the Y-cable. I'm thinking there might even be a line on the male units that indicate full engagement?

HRG
Old 03-18-2017, 11:19 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TackleJunky View Post
Thanks both are mounted and look great; but I'm having issues with the Y cable for my Helix 10DI.

I purchased the AS SI DB Y and it DOES NOT work with my transducers. The package says will work with 300, 500, 600, 700, 800, 900, 1100, and Helix 5 units?

The dual beam doesn't fit either? You can clearly see which pin holes in the female/cable are plugged it neither matches the DI or dual beam male ends?

This is weird; I have to think the cable in the unopened package is the wrong one?

Sorry to be a pain but I'm ready to try this out once I get the ducers hooked up to my Helix 10!!

Rick
Product description from humminbird:

Y Cable - Side Imaging and Dual Beam - allows you to use two transducers on one unit without the use of a transducer switch. For use with Side Imaging products only, in conjunction with a dual beam transducer only. For improved high speed performance for bottom tracking.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dc1a27cd-2b62-4e33-956e-9414219cc8f2.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	248490  
Old 03-18-2017, 11:25 AM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Runr Guy View Post
Rick,
Just a thought, but you have to REALLY push the male ends into the female sockets on the Y-cable. I'm thinking there might even be a line on the male units that indicate full engagement?

HRG
HRG you are the man! I got them in.

I felt like it would break if I forced it; but they clicked right in with force.

Thanks again guys; sorry for that brain fart this morning.

Rick
Old 03-18-2017, 12:34 PM
Wallhanger

Location: tHE eDgE 0f tW!L!gHT , aNd tHe c0rr!D0r oF dArKne$$ tRans!T!0n. (49349)

Thanks for posting the image Kevin, and Terry for clarifying.

I was just going to ask that TJ posted images - because Precision Guesswork isn't the best way to do things...

You will still need to change the transducer selection in the Sonar tab.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GuessworkLogo.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	248506  

HB
Helix 12 MSI G2N(v1.40),AS-RC1x2, Helix 12 DI(v1.40),Helix 12 SI(v1.40),859ciHDDI(v7.65),AS GPS HS, AS GRP i-Pliot LINK, 688ciHD DI v7.52,~'91Lowe 1730V
https://www.universalmania.com

Old 03-20-2017, 07:53 AM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Runr Guy View Post
Kevin,
It will be a few more weeks before I get to test mine, but here's how i mounted them.

HRG
I installed mine like yours (side by side); but had them lower than what I think I need; and had rooster tails pretty bad.

I did read bottom 95% of the time; so much improved with the high speed vs DI alone.

I'm hoping the tweak I made in the garage last night will be the final adjustment.

Thanks again to all and have a great week.

Rick