Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Bobber fishing for walleye - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Strictly Fishing

Notices

Old 03-07-2017, 05:09 PM
cutting edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by thump55 View Post
Bob and Bill are bobber fishing.
Bill fishes his two bobbers close to the boat.
Bob can cast his bobbers a long ways out and can cover twice as much ground.
Bob gets 30 bites because he is fishing a larger area. Bill gets 15 bites in his smaller area.
Bob (for the purposes of this thread), is half drunk and a horrible hooksetter, so he misses a third of his fish.
Bill watches Mike Iaconelli on the TV all the time, so he is a super awesome hooksetter and never misses a single fish.

When they get to the bar, Bill is bringing out his wallet to buy because Bob crushed him by five fish.
Later, Bob goes home to his smoking hot girlfriend and eats crab legs.
Bill's wife throws the plunger at him when he walks in the door, and says, "I did it again."
Late that night, Bob gets a call that his Aunt Trudy died and left him seven million dollars.
Late that night, someone runs over a skunk right in front of Bill's house.
That's what I thought, you have nothing to say so you just look silly, which sums up everything . I bet you get skunked a lot, without running one over!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2017, 05:10 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutting edge View Post
That's what I thought, you have nothing to say so you just look silly, which sums up everything . I bet you get skunked a lot, without running one over!
So if I am reading this right, you are angry at me for how far I cast my bobber.

I guess I can live with that
Old 03-08-2017, 06:56 AM
Keeper

Quote:
So if I am reading this right, you are angry at me for how far I cast my bobber.

Guess he don't know how to take up the slack line and set that hook. I'm with you, two out and casted as far as possible. Long rods greatly help the situation, but different than trying to cast a lure or jig. Done right, you can cover lots more water and bait loss is minimal. Don't really see the "Ice Fishing method", used by many unless you are sitting on a pile of them.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Old 03-08-2017, 07:12 AM
cutting edge

Quote:

thump55,
No, not mad, JUST looking for real answers just like the op is I'm sure. I thought this is walleye central, not comedy central.
By the way, Bill and Bob , should move to where Bob was getting more bites, that way Bob could increase his hook up percentage.
Lake Wisconsin, responded with a reasonable reply without getting bent out of shape.
Anyway, for me , I find it easy to pick out the helpful replies & discard the nonsense replies. I just wanted to know the benefits of casting a bobber as far as you can is? Fairly simple question I thought. No need to be offended !
Old 03-08-2017, 07:13 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Does this mean you didn't do well with word problems in math class ???

PjShorthorn
Old 03-08-2017, 07:43 AM
cutting edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjshorthorn View Post
Does this mean you didn't do well with word problems in math class ???

PjShorthorn
PjShorthorn,
Bob, casting his bobber as far as possible gets hit 30 times but misses 50% of his bites. Bill, gets hit 5 times and catches all five. What should you do next?

Correct answer.........................move to where Bobby boy is getting all the hits.
Do you know how to problem solve?

OK you can sit down now!
Old 03-08-2017, 07:51 AM
cutting edge

I will simplify this . If you live in Minnesota (as I do) & are fishing alone and can only use one rod, do you cast as far as you can or fish nearer to the boat?
Old 03-08-2017, 07:56 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
I will simplify this . If you live in Minnesota (as I do) & are fishing alone and can only use one rod, do you cast as far as you can or fish nearer to the boat?

When i bobber fish in MN alone, 99% of the time i am anchored off a hump or drop and pitching my bobber 25-30 feet to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-08-2017, 07:59 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
PjShorthorn,
Bob, casting his bobber as far as possible gets hit 30 times but misses 50% of his bites. Bill, gets hit 5 times and catches all five. What should you do next?

Correct answer.........................move to where Bobby boy is getting all the hits.
Do you know how to problem solve?

OK you can sit down now!
Bob missed 30% of his bites not 50 %. So, your solution is to move to where Bob gets more bites than Bill and fish close to the boat again. That solution kinda defeats the purpose of your original question. But hey, if it works for you to be one of those guys that horns in on Bob's spot, so be it. I'm not fishing in the boat with you so what do I care ?

Thanks for permission to sit down, I was getting a little tired of standing in the corner

PjShorthorn
Old 03-08-2017, 09:07 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin23 View Post
When i bobber fish in MN alone, 99% of the time i am anchored off a hump or drop and pitching my bobber 25-30 feet to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep, would be different if I could only use one rod. MI, WI, can have 3 so little different for sure.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk