Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Ranger FS rubber floor - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 03-13-2017, 08:24 AM
Juls's Avatar
Juls Juls is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Port Clinton Ohio
Posts: 11,377
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissouriAngler View Post
Ranger made a big deal out of this new flooring when it first came out. You would think they would have also figured out how to keep it clean. Thanks.
I don't remember them making a big deal of it? I guess I missed that....

I do know that they went away from the textured glass (which I loved), because of the difficulty/cost of having a repair done on it, if there was one needed.

That made sense.

The rubber flooring has its pros and cons, but the staining is just one con that I, personally, just can't live with.
__________________
Juls
NPAA#89

Supporting Vendor
Guide (Lake Erie Western Basin)
JulsWalleyeFishingAdventures.com

2017 Ranger 621 FS
300 G2
15 ETEC Kicker
112 Ulterra w/iPilot LINK
Humminbird Helix 12 SI CHIRP Gen2
and Helix 10 DI CHIRP Gen2
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #12  
Old 03-13-2017, 08:30 AM
Hat Trick
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I couldn't do the rubber floor. I HATE wearing shoes and in the boat...there is no room for shoes.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-13-2017, 08:37 AM
REW REW is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: .
Posts: 30,882
Default

Juls,
Have you tried using Oxy Clean.

This material will clean many things that fail to be cleaned by any other method.

Also, have you tried using Westley's tire bleach.

Westley's tire bleach is a product specifically made to clean the rubber of auto tires.

I use it all of the time on my glass boats to remove rubber scrub marks from the fiberglass and to also clean the floor mats in my car and it works very very well for that use.

Here is another well known product that works very well to clean rubber and vinyl flooring.

http://www.chemicalguys.com/Rubber_a...FQ4oaQodUqYL5A

Another product to clean rubber flooring:

http://www.rubberflooringinc.com/acc...FQYcaQodsn4Deg
Reply With Quote
 
  #14  
Old 03-13-2017, 08:39 AM
MissouriAngler MissouriAngler is offline
Slot Fish
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 101
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juls View Post
I don't remember them making a big deal of it? I guess I missed that....
I watched the you tube videos of Ranger reps doing a walk-thru of the new FS series boats when they first came out in 2015. Seems like they always stopped to comment about the new floor surface and how it was more comfortable than the old surface being padded and all. Seemed like a big enough deal to me at the time. Didn't order the snap in carpet because of this.
We'll see how it goes after a season or two.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-13-2017, 08:45 AM
Juls's Avatar
Juls Juls is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Port Clinton Ohio
Posts: 11,377
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by REW View Post
Juls,
Have you tried using Oxy Clean.

This material will clean many things that fail to be cleaned by any other method.

Also, have you tried using Westley's tire bleach.

Westley's tire bleach is a product specifically made to clean the rubber of auto tires.

I use it all of the time on my glass boats to remove rubber scrub marks from the fiberglass and to also clean the floor mats in my car and it works very very well for that use.

Here is another well known product that works very well to clean rubber and vinyl flooring.

http://www.chemicalguys.com/Rubber_a...FQ4oaQodUqYL5A

Another product to clean rubber flooring:

http://www.rubberflooringinc.com/acc...FQYcaQodsn4Deg
Tried the Oxy-Clean....didn't work.

Didn't try the tire bleach.

I'll be using the snap in carpet this season, so I'm not worried about the floor this time.

But, your post offers some good ideas to try, so maybe it will benefit others with this rubber flooring.

Thanks!
__________________
Juls
NPAA#89

Supporting Vendor
Guide (Lake Erie Western Basin)
JulsWalleyeFishingAdventures.com

2017 Ranger 621 FS
300 G2
15 ETEC Kicker
112 Ulterra w/iPilot LINK
Humminbird Helix 12 SI CHIRP Gen2
and Helix 10 DI CHIRP Gen2
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-13-2017, 09:51 AM
gravelcarp gravelcarp is online now
Minnow
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 44
Default

I witnessed a product used in a guided Salmon boat once. It was made by starbrite, I think it was simply called hull cleaner. The captain had a brush and a wash down kit on the boat. He scrubbed it once and rinsed, done. That stuff worked amazing. Not saying this would solve the problem, but if someone was dead set against not getting carpet..it might be an option. I know for me personally this will be the last new boat I buy. I like the fact that carpeting can always be replaced fairly easily. Yes, it's expensive, but still can be replaced. No so sure on the other material.

I do think the new rubber material will be awesome for comfort, especially with carpet on top. I'm also worried about the rubber material looking worn, or edges tearing off over time.

I suppose a cheaper solution maybe would be to have something made to go over top or cut to fit instead of the carpeting cost, but in the end you'll probably have that cost into it. Labor wise, time wise, and material costs.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-13-2017, 05:53 PM
Gman621 Gman621 is offline
Keeper
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Toronto, On
Posts: 227
Default

I have had several years experience with the new flooring in my Rangers running a salmon charter on Lake Ontario for up to 4 people and not an issue so far, been very happy with it to be honest. I put down a 48''x60" carpet from Home Depot to lay down over top of the rubber flooring to put the fish on and to protect my floor I also opt for the raw water wash down. As soon as I have a chance I'm hosing the floor along with any blood or scales down. I don't use the snap in carpet as unlike walleye, salmon & trout, more so trout can bleed A LOT and it can be a mess or hard to clean however I do spray most of the carpet around the boat with a couple coats of 3M Scotchguard before I start using it as a solid layer of protection, if any blood does get anywhere I clean it up ASAP and it gone.
back to my 48x60 carprpet, as soon as we're back at the ramp or before heading in I give it a quick clean with Star-Brite Non-Skid Deck Cleaner and seems to working great -a number of my buyers have asked if I even used the boat which makes me proud as I exceeded their expectations, heck I even cover the cowlings on the motors and inside the trolling workstation with 3M paint protection film to avoid any scratches/scuffs from nets, dipseys, flashers etc.

Here's the product I"m referring to as well of a pic of the carpet and how I have it laid out

http://www.starbrite.com/item/non-sk...ategory_id=537

Hope this helps,
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mike 8.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	247938  
__________________
The only thing better than a day of fishing is another day of fishing!

Last edited by Gman621; 03-13-2017 at 06:59 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-13-2017, 06:18 PM
gravelcarp gravelcarp is online now
Minnow
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 44
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman621 View Post
I have had several years experience with the new flooring in my Rangers running a salmon charter on Lake Ontario for up to 4 people and not an issue so far, been very happy with it to be honest. I put down a 48''x60" carpet from Home Depot to lay down over top of the rubber flooring to put the fish on and to protect my floor I also opt for the raw water wash down. As soon as I have a chance I'm hosing the floor along with any blood or scales down. I don't use the snap in carpet as unlike walleye, salmon & trout, more so trout can bleed A LOT and it can be a mess or hard to clean however I do spray most of the carpet around the boat with a couple coats of 3M Scotchguard before I start using it as a solid layer of protection, if any blood does get anywhere I clean it up ASAP and it gone.
back to my 48x60 carprpet, as soon as we're back at the ramp or before heading in I give it a quick clean with Star-Brite Non-Skid Deck Cleaner and seems to working great -a number of my buyers have asked if I even used the boat which makes me proud as I exceeded their expectations, heck I even cover the cowlings on the motors and inside the trolling workstation with 3M paint protection film to avoid any scratches/scuffs from nets, dipseys, flashers etc.

Here's the product I"m referring to as well of a pic of the carpet and how I have it laid out

http://www.starbrite.com/item/non-sk...ategory_id=537

Hope this helps,

Yes, that is exactly the product he had! Thanks for correcting me. I will look into the 3M stuff as well. That's a great idea!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-14-2017, 03:11 AM
Juls's Avatar
Juls Juls is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Port Clinton Ohio
Posts: 11,377
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman621 View Post
I have had several years experience with the new flooring in my Rangers running a salmon charter on Lake Ontario for up to 4 people and not an issue so far, been very happy with it to be honest. I put down a 48''x60" carpet from Home Depot to lay down over top of the rubber flooring to put the fish on and to protect my floor.
Here's the product I"m referring to as well of a pic of the carpet and how I have it laid out

http://www.starbrite.com/item/non-sk...ategory_id=537

Hope this helps,
Thanks for the link for the Star-Brite. The "Protective barrier and UV protection" must work well, because I also had the 48x60 piece of commercial carpeting in the back, (the last two boats), and the sun faded the rubber that was not covered with the piece of carpet.

I think I'll give this year's boat's flooring a coating of that before using it. It can't hurt anyway.

However, I'm still going to use the snap in carpet though....along with my 48X60 commercial throw rug in back to lay the fish on, so I can easily remove that when it needs a quick wash down.
__________________
Juls
NPAA#89

Supporting Vendor
Guide (Lake Erie Western Basin)
JulsWalleyeFishingAdventures.com

2017 Ranger 621 FS
300 G2
15 ETEC Kicker
112 Ulterra w/iPilot LINK
Humminbird Helix 12 SI CHIRP Gen2
and Helix 10 DI CHIRP Gen2
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-14-2017, 11:42 AM
Wensel's Avatar
Wensel Wensel is offline
Slot Fish
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: US for now
Posts: 105
Default

Gman you are in a 621 correct?

Anyone have the added cost on the snap in?

When I took delivery, the first thing I noticed was the floor was a tad dirty.
__________________
2017 Ranger 620FS Cup
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.