Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
New Goodyear Trailer tire - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Trailers

Notices

Old 03-16-2017, 10:47 AM
Keeper

Default New Goodyear Trailer tire

If you haven't seen this yet, it looks like Goodyear is now making tires in the US again with a new model trailer tire called the Endurance. For many of us who had to endure the pain if the non-US made Marathons and other brands, this looks to be a potential winner. They are making in in a load range D for 14" tires and up. Maybe all the bad press has finally forced them to improve.

http://www.goodyearrvtires.com/tire-selector.aspx

Nick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2017, 11:23 AM
Wallhanger

After I posted this a couple of weeks ago, I sent them a request for more detailed information, but never got a response.

http://www.walleyecentral.com/forums...62&postcount=5

Glad to see they've added it to their site.

HRG
Old 03-16-2017, 12:32 PM
Keeper

awesome....I like the fact that its a load range D and made in US. Hopefully it will be better than the marathons from China. Nice to see a D tire in a 14".

Old 03-24-2017, 09:17 AM
Wallhanger

Great to see more load capacity. Maybe more important, I read multiple reviews that the entire Endurance line of RV tires are speed rated @ N (87mph). I found no verification of speed rating on the Goodyear web page so buyers should validate before buying. I will never buy a 65 mph speed rated "bomb" ever again!
Old 03-24-2017, 10:47 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by DW View Post
Great to see more load capacity. Maybe more important, I read multiple reviews that the entire Endurance line of RV tires are speed rated @ N (87mph). I found no verification of speed rating on the Goodyear web page so buyers should validate before buying. I will never buy a 65 mph speed rated "bomb" ever again!
Actually Goodyear's own website does show the speed rating as N.
Click on " Endurance Trailer " it brings up the size and spec chart. They all show N under the "service description" column (Load index/Speed rating, ie 105N, 108N,etc)

http://www.goodyearrvtires.com/tire-selector.aspx

Unfortunately no 13" sizes available. But most of the Marathons are now L rated at 75MPH.

Carlisle now has a seemingly well reviewed and reliable M rated 81mph tire in their Radial Trail RH and HD models. Just put new 13" HDs on mine last month.
Old 03-27-2017, 07:40 AM
Wallhanger

Put a set of the Goodyear Endurance ( ST215/75R14) on this past weekend.

Headed to Port Clinton from Pittsburgh on Thursday. I'll Post a first Trip review when I get back.

One things for sure...If you buy them now, they haven't been sitting around in a warehouse. 0117
Old 03-29-2017, 08:51 PM
Keeper

Default Tires

Good info. On the speed rated part. Get your rigs weight, and use the online chart to inflate to the recommendation. Goodyear Marathons they noted if you don't exceed max inflation you can pump 10 psi and increase max speed to 75mph.

Don't assume max PSI is what you need. Even with the deduction for tandem axle I'm 25psi + 10psi for 10 more MPH so 35 on my tires for the correct weight. My original trailer was over capacity so even at Max PSI on the sidewalls I would have had a over weight issue which is very bad on tires and can cause blowouts.

Check with Farmers elevators, Recycling centers or truck stops to get your rigs weight. I do it fully loaded with fuel and gear and add some weight. Also at the same time check what your tongue weight is and verify with your trailer mfg what it should be. I had to move the axle forward to get it set up correct and make sure your ball is at the right height too. Sway is a bad thing when your trying to avoid a accident.

Great news on bring tires back to the states. Hope they get a good following of success stories leading to more sales for this move.
Old 03-29-2017, 08:55 PM
Keeper

Default Warranty

Not bad warranty as well...
Uniformity Warranty:
1 Year / first 2/32" wear
Workmanship & Materials Warranty:
6 Years / Free replacement first year or 2/32" of wear, then prorated until 2/32" remaining depth
Old 04-03-2017, 06:29 AM
Keeper

I find the best source for tire info and comparisons is www.tirerack.com. Thats where I spotted them and they have a full set of specs as well. It makes it easy to compare brands and specs. Saw the speed rating change there as well....
Old 04-04-2017, 08:11 AM
Wallhanger

Thumbs up

Well, I got my 1st 500 or so miles on the new GW Endurance Tires ( ST215/75R14)

They ran great and had them up to 80 mph at times. Had them balanced when installed and no vibration from trailer whatsoever.

I know it's early....BUT I Like Them !