Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Raymarine Axiom - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Notices

Old 03-17-2017, 07:26 AM
Minnow

Default Raymarine Axiom

Anyone considering getting the new Raymarine Axiom?

They seem to be a good price point and rich with features.

Last edited by matthew.prestine; 03-17-2017 at 08:18 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2017, 09:34 PM
Charter Member

I spent a fair amount of time going through one at a sports show about a month ago with a rep for Raymarine. The 3D Realvision Chirp is really amazing if it works as advertised. The price for the 7" is reasonable. The rep said that Raymarine is going to do whatever it takes to be a bigger player in the freshwater market and if this technology works like it is supposed to I just might put one on my boat as I have had issues with Humminbird and Lowrance and am looking for an alternative. I will wait until they hit the market to see if people are happy with them before I take the leap!
Old 03-20-2017, 05:34 AM
Minnow

Default Axium

The Axium 9" units are out and this Friday I am going to check them out and pull the trigger on a couple. These are quality products that interface with they're entire product lineup. Structure scan at a great price point, 3 year warranty, I am interested. The Axioms will be great for the consumers as competition will bring better products in the end.

Old 03-20-2017, 06:10 AM
Minnow

New boat so I need new electronics.

I am going garmin 93sv/panoptix or the raymarine axiom, just cant decide. Picked up the garmin unit when gander had their 15% off coupon last week, have that in hand and it is very nice. There is just no real water use of the axiom and that makes it hard to judge actuals. I have preordered the 9" axiom with realvision from cabelas so I can check it out. The raymarine regional manager said that they are actually getting two 9" units at my local store on the initial order.

Last edited by matthew.prestine; 03-20-2017 at 06:13 AM.
Old 03-20-2017, 08:26 AM
Charter Member

Many years ago, I had purchased, a then new Ray Marine depth finder but found that even with all of the changes that they sent to me - was unsatisfactory for my use.

So, I used a different brand depth finder at that time.

Fast forward to a year ago.

My son was looking for a depth finder to use on his big river boat. He picked up a small Ray Marine depth finder with the chirp transducer. It was not the brand new unit that is subject of this post, but the performance of this samm Ray Marine unit on his boat was really excellent.

He also has a smaller boat that he pulls behind his river boat for running errands and water sports for the children. When he has the river boat tied up on a sand bar for a weekend on the river, he takes his depth finder and transfers it to his smaller boat with excellent results.

So, yes, I do believe that Ray Marine has made head and shoulders progress in their technology over the last years.

Good luck on any decision that you may make.