Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
March MADNESS - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Notices

Old 03-18-2017, 11:22 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo-NC View Post
I do like Notre Dame this year and really pulled for them in the ACC Tournament Championship game against D-O-O-K. There were some really good games yesterday and the ND-Princeton game was a nail biter for sure. MI State had a scary slow start against Miami but came back swinging and put the smackdown on 'em. We'll see how next round goes. ND to the Sweet 16 but then they'll have to play the Zags. I think their run stops there but who knows?

Good luck everyone in your respective pools. Oh yeah, and Go Heels!
It pains me to admit this but UNC has a really good shot too.

PjShorthorn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2017, 03:37 PM
Wallhanger

I just do a bracket challenge for the 14 year olds we coach. The other coach and I get a couple prizes and we play along without being prize eligible. It gets them interested in watching the games and hopefully learning a little bit. Thats what we tell ourselves anyway ! I'tll be fun at the team party tonight listening to them argue about the games and players.
Old 03-18-2017, 04:08 PM
Keeper

Bracket busting Bucky pulled off a great win over Nova. 4 sweet 16's in a row.

Old 03-18-2017, 04:29 PM
Keeper

Nice win by WI. Down 7 in the second half and came back to win. Puts the lie to their #8 seeding. I think the players and coaches had a little chip on their shoulders.
Old 03-18-2017, 05:04 PM
Wallhanger

Though I was rooting for Bucky, they just blew up my bracket, I really don't care!!!
Old 03-19-2017, 12:34 PM
stout93

College basketball now is so bad, nothing like it was back in the 80s when you had guys staying all 4 years.

Take last night for example.

VA had 17 pts at the half. Northwestern had 20 at the half. Arizona had 29.

This is just a step above high school girls basketball...
Old 03-19-2017, 12:46 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by stout93 View Post
College basketball now is so bad, nothing like it was back in the 80s when you had guys staying all 4 years.

You haven't seen many Girls games then.

The point totals are a bit misleading, people never give credit to well played DEFENSE and blame it on poor shooting. Those teams you mention all had wins in the 80's, 70's and 60's so scoring is not the problem, the defense they were playing against was the difference. That and the G** awful, horrendous, "are these guys watching the same game" officiating that is going on. There were 2 games yesterday where the court was tilted toward one style of play and rewarded while the opponent was not.
Old 03-19-2017, 12:50 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by stout93 View Post

Lots of reasons the college game is suffering IMO. Early outs is certainly one. What's interesting is that the pro game has been on a downward slide also.

As for low scoring, I would rather watch some strong defense than two teams that seem interested at only one end of the court.
Old 03-19-2017, 01:11 PM
Keeper

Default Eers

Lets gooooooo mountaineers!!!!!
Old 03-19-2017, 01:17 PM
Wallhanger

Agree the officiating is not great. Way to many calls that seem to be based on which player is supposed to be better and not which player made the better play.

As for the guys leaving early, why shouldn't they? There's a payday for them and nothing wrong with making money. Just imagine if when a guy went on the walleye tour he was allowed to compete and win but for the first four years any prize money he won went strictly to his sponsors. They would feed him and give him a trailer to live in but that's it. And they would use his image to sell their products but he would get no say in how it was used and forfeit all rights to use those images himself after the four years was up. Oh, and all the tours would be under the same rules so that if you wanted to buck the system you could only fish in local events. Seems a bit unfair to me.