Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
8 inch bolt cutters - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Notices

Old 03-18-2017, 11:24 PM
Keeper

Been meaning to get one of these, and am installing some downriggers.
So I pulled the trigger on the one for $42.90 on the right side, free shipping.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...A1YOGV6ONAJHV3

Last edited by Wyo-eye; 03-18-2017 at 11:29 PM. Reason: Wrong page displayed when submitted
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2017, 10:24 AM
Wallhanger

I had a set of Rapala bolt cutters and they worked good but you needed both hands to cut musky sized hooks. I bought a pair of the knipex and they will cut through a musky hook like a hot knife through butter with one hand.
Old 03-19-2017, 04:34 PM
Wallhanger

You can use the HF stuff for your needs. If it is not knipex I would not trust it. If you try to cut a large hardened hook it will not cut it easily and will have a gouge on both edges of the cutter. It should cut easily enough you can cut it with your off hand. Been there-done that! Bob

Old 03-19-2017, 07:06 PM
Keeper

Good information here, thanks for the reminder. I had to use my diagonals a couple years ago to unbutton a 36'' muskie that attached herself and a husky jerk to the back of my hand. The dykes worked but it wasn't easy. Always meant to find something better and REW'S post reminded me to do so. Ordered the Knipex 8'' bolt cutters as well as a new first aid kit to replace/upgrade my old one. With any luck neither one will get much use but I sure will feel better having them in my boat.