Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
New Mercury 115 Foustroke no tilt button on motor - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Motors and Props

Notices

Old 03-20-2017, 05:14 AM
Wallhanger

You had me worried for a minute. I'll be picking mine up this week and am glad to here there is a trim switch on the motor. On my last boat I also installed one at the front of the boat. Very convenient.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2017, 04:13 PM
Wallhanger

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot runr guy View Post
just for kicks, look on about page 35 of your owners manual, for this mention of the auxiliary tilt switch.

Hrg

.... sorry but.... you made me spew my coffee out my nose, Terry. LOL
Old 03-21-2017, 06:00 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin23 View Post
An authorized merc dealer told you there was no tilt switch? That ain't good. I could see maybe if it was say an evinrude dealer that got the motor on a boat trade but I can't understand why a merc salesman wouldn't know about it...

Wait, didn't the salesman sit down with you and go through the manual page by page? my dealer did that and said he was required to by his merc contract.
Yeah, I thought it was crazy he (an authorized merc dealer) didn't know there was a tilt switch on the motor, they had a bunch of them in the showroom. I was initially shocked when he told me that there was no tilt switch, he told me that when I went to put the transom saver on the motor when I was taking it home. And no, he didn't go through the manual with me.

Last edited by MLD; 03-21-2017 at 06:23 PM.

Old 03-21-2017, 06:22 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPKyllo View Post
Talking about your dealer that way shows a lot of class. You can't read the manual?
You're right, I shouldn't call him names. I was just very surprised when he told me there wasn't a switch on the motor and then came to find there was one. When he told me that it really bothered me because I knew it would be difficult to put the transom saver on by myself, but then I was relieved when I looked around the motor and found it, the manual didn't show where it was. I just can't believe he told me there wasn't one, being a dealer he should know.

Last edited by MLD; 03-21-2017 at 06:24 PM.
Old 03-22-2017, 08:36 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPKyllo View Post
Talking about your dealer that way shows a lot of class. You can't read the manual?
Showing class! Why not just give the Dealer a "particiaption" trophy for handling the sale?

btw...the dealer is a dumb-***!

Marty
Old 03-23-2017, 04:26 AM
Keeper

Wonder why after so many years they had to mess with the location? I got lucky and my new 60 moved it from the right lower cowl to the left, which is much nicer when putting on the transom saver since my TM blocks me working on the right side.
Old 03-23-2017, 08:07 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty59 View Post
Showing class! Why not just give the Dealer a "particiaption" trophy for handling the sale?

btw...the dealer is a dumb-***!

Marty
Easy to be a foul talking bully on social media, isn't it?