Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Lake Erie Steelhead - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Members Fishing Reports

Old 06-05-2006, 10:10 AM
Wallhanger

Default Lake Erie Steelhead

Hi,
Ready to get started this week out of Avon Point.Program is to head due north until we start marking Baitfish and give it a try.Has anyone been picking up any at all?

May I be fishing somewhere Tomorrow
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2006, 10:25 AM

Default RE: Lake Erie Steelhead

Have been waiting for your Steelie reports Marc. I am anxiously awaiting the bite to start up out of Lorain. This has been a typical year for me and fishing (can't find anyone that wants to go). I went salmon fishing out of St. Joe's a couple of weeks ago and didn't trailer my boat out there since no one wanted to go with me. Have never been out of Avon Pt but am willing to try. Give me a shout if you need a partner or another boat to go.

Mike
Old 06-05-2006, 12:44 PM
Hawk Eye

Marc, my boat is in Lorain and I'll be trying next weekend. Plan to head northeast out of Lorain toward Avon Point and start looking. You are usually the first one to stir up the bullets.

I saw Erie Therapy (Ray) with his new Cherokee in Lorain...he starts early for the eyes too.

Can't wait.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2006, 02:29 PM
ETC

Hi Marc and Hawk Eye

That subject heading on the Steelies got my attention real quick. I will be chasing the eyes for a few weeks yet, but By the 3rd week of June, I know I won't be able to take it any more and will be heading out for open water. That is, unless somebody finds an early burn !

Ray

p.s. You must have seen me on Sat. in the new boat. Broke it in right with the 1st fish over 5 lbs.
Old 06-05-2006, 04:48 PM
E.R.

What size Cherokee and model ? Brand new ??
Old 06-05-2006, 06:11 PM
ETC

The Cherokee is a 300 Sportfisher brand new with 12 hrs on each motor.

Ray
Old 06-06-2006, 06:53 AM
Hawk Eye

Ray, by the way, nice-looking boat. I didn't stop to talk since you looked busy working on your board lines. I have been in a Cherokee several times in rough water owned by a charter captain I know (Taylor Click of Taylor Made Charters)....can't beat Cherokees when things turn nasty. Have fun with your new boat.
Old 06-06-2006, 06:53 AM
Hawk Eye

Ray, by the way, nice-looking boat. I didn't stop to talk since you looked busy working on your board lines. I have been in a Cherokee several times in rough water owned by a charter captain I know (Taylor Click of Taylor Made Charters)....can't beat Cherokees when things turn nasty. Have fun with your new boat.
Old 06-06-2006, 03:29 PM
slayin-n-filletin

plan on heading out of lorain either sat. or sun. still debating either to go for eyes or run out to the 40 line and try for bullits. got the itch also but wasnt till july before we gotem last year. special thanks to marcobi,freebyrd and hawkeyefor all your information, you guys are the stealhead kings got us hooked on them 4 years ago. its all we fish for after june. was wondering if tou guys ever tried running the flashers,{with success} and if so can you run them behind a dipsey? thanks slayin-n-filletin
Old 06-06-2006, 04:27 PM
Hawk Eye

Yes, I have used flashers before out of Lorain. I didn't really notice that the flasher rods got hit more or less than the other rods by the bullets. I only used flashers 4-5 times.

Out of Wheatley and Erieau, many of the captains use flashers there more and the swear by them. The fishing has been so good in Canada that I think thee steelies would hit a small toaster with a hook.

I don't use flashers as much since I want the chance to hook up with an occasional walleye (hopefully big) steelie fishing, and I don't believe the flashers help that cause as much. The Canadian captains say they still get walleyes with the flashers.