Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Lake Erie Steelhead - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Members Fishing Reports

Old 06-13-2006, 07:57 AM
Paulywog

Default RE: Lake Erie Steelhead

Marcbodi, What size were the eyes, what size were the steelheads?

Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2006, 11:18 AM
ETC

Nice job Marc !

I thought of you yesterday when I looked at the top of the tree tops. Figured it was a little bumpy out there for you. Were you able to turn on any of those fish, or did you pretty much have to keep the wind at your stern ? Nice treat to be able to take that many eyes chasing the bullits. Probably won't be able to get after them, until my June 25th trip. Might be able to talk them into some bullits after the 5 man limit of eyes we took last Sunday.

Ray
Erie Therapy II
Old 06-13-2006, 03:27 PM
Wallhanger

Hi,
The Steelhead were mostly around 5lbs with a few larger.Walleyes were mostly 2 to 5 lbs with one that was a fish ohio.There was a therocline at 35 to 40 ft.It got down to 45 deg.We marked a lot of fish at 35 ft and they were Steelhead and Walleyes.We used all bigger spoons so we might have caught a lot more Walleyes if we would have used small Walleye spoons.I was dragging a lot of Walleyes around on the Riggers because I was using heavy rubber bands for the hookups on Steelhead.The Steelhead had 3" shiners in them.

May I be fishing somewhere Tomorrow
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2006, 04:56 PM
eye catcher2

good to hear you got into them and thanks for the post. my dad and i went to avon point, got there around 8am. the wind had picked up and there were 2-4footers at first. i only have a 17ft tracker and dont like going out far with waves over 2ft. ride is just to ruff and wet. we went straight out from the power plant in 30ft of water and started marking fish. we caught a total of 5 eyes all about 2 1/2 -3 lbs. 4 came on orange crush 1 on boy/girl. 2 on 20 jets 100ft back, 3 other on down rigger 20 to 30 back 2 20 down 1 35 down. all in all a great day. thanks again for the great post. please keep up the good work.
Old 06-13-2006, 08:59 PM
Wallhanger

we hooked a few out of Cleveland this past weekend 65FOW, big dipseys 1/2 setting 40-50 out on the counter. Purple stingers and Buckeye hooked up 4 as well.
Old 06-14-2006, 06:16 PM
Wallhanger

Hi,
The crew is ready for battle again so we are going after them in the morning.We are leaving Perrysburg Oh at 6:00 so we will be setting lines around 8:30 to 9:00.I will have the radio on 78 and we will be in a blue Lund with a Bimini top.We will probley start in the area we was in Monday.

Old 06-14-2006, 06:35 PM
Wallhanger

Hi,
This report is from IGF.6-14-06.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marcbodi,
Thanks for sharing! I went out to your numbers last night and had a BALL! We did not leave the Avon dock until 5:45 and still hooked up with 16 steelhead. Unfortunately we only landed 9. One beast took the entire dipsey rig, snubber and spoon set up with him. We also boated about a dozen walleye. We only boxed a few walleye. We have plenty in the freezer right now. We started out fishing the 30' to 35' levels. Hooking up quickly off the 35' rigger with an orange crush large stinger. The next fish came off of the 30' rigger on a Pro King silver and green. Than we went into a dry spell for about 45 minutes. The lake went completely flat. I noticed some shiners being pushed to the surface and a steelhead was poping in and out of the water chasing them. So I decided to shallow up everything. The fish were marking from 15' to 35' on the finder. I moved the riggers up to 18', 22' 26' and 30' The dipsies were moved up to 60' back on a 3 and 40' back on a 1-1/2. We immediately started getting hits. We continued to have hits every couple of minutes until dark. Thanks for putting us on steelhead! There was only one other boat anywhere in sight of those numbers. We also saw them net a few fish.
Old 06-15-2006, 06:07 AM
Steeliehunter

didn't know you are from perrysburg. i live in maumee. my parents live very close to avon point and i have been fishing out that way for many years. i am going to be there this weekend would you be able to drop me an email with a couple details?

chappo51282@hotmail.com
Old 06-15-2006, 11:45 PM
Wallhanger

Hi,
Its 12:36 and just got back from Avon Point.Same program as Monday.Same waypoint as Monday.Same depth on riggers and dipsys.17 for 23 on Steelhead and 2 Walleye.Finished limit(15)at 4:00 and before we could pull other lines we had 2 more that we had too release.The Walleyes that were there Monday had moved.Moved into 49 FOW at Avon Point and caught 10 more Walleyes after we finished our limit of Steelhead.Hot lure on the Steelhead was Proking orange with a orange ladderback.There was 3 other boats out there from the WBSA club and they were getting some Steelhead.

Old 06-15-2006, 11:45 PM
Wallhanger

Hi,
Its 12:36 and just got back from Avon Point.Same program as Monday.Same waypoint as Monday.Same depth on riggers and dipsys.17 for 23 on Steelhead and 2 Walleye.Finished limit(15)at 4:00 and before we could pull other lines we had 2 more that we had too release.The Walleyes that were there Monday had moved.Moved into 49 FOW at Avon Point and caught 10 more Walleyes after we finished our limit of Steelhead.Hot lure on the Steelhead was Proking orange with a orange ladderback.There was 3 other boats out there from the WBSA club and they were getting some Steelhead.