Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
1 more try MAUMEE - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Members Fishing Reports

Old 03-24-2000, 08:56 PM
Aleyes

Default 1 more try MAUMEE

I know the conditions for the river from this site and Toledo-Blade site. The friends that called me today from up there were fishing at the Fort Meigs area and had 5 jacks between 6 guys........not too promising. However I've heard conflicting reports.I see some are able to wade that area now and heard that the fish (females) should be moving in by the first of this next week, any truth to this and any locals with some strong facts would be greatly appreciated. I'm acttually after some nice jacks but a female or two would be nice. I'm Al the disabled veteran , THANKS FISHERMEN
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2000, 08:04 AM

Default RE: 1 more try MAUMEE

Al,

I crossed the bridge at Ft. Meigs last week and the only time I have ever seen that much of the gravel bar exposed was in the middle of the summer. I think the low water has the fish help up downstream. We got a bit of warm rain last night and if enough fell to make it's way into the river somwhere upstream it should get some fish moving up. Rain is forcasted for next week also so things should get going if we get enough to bring the water levels up high enough to cover the backs of the fish. My advice is to wait and keep watching the weather, the Blade site, and this board until reports of a big run of fish come thru. Best river fishing is after the run in May anyhow. Good Luck