Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
0x or 1x Scopes - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Hunting Central > Archery, Blackpowder, Rifles, Pistols, Shotguns...and whatever else you have.

Old 10-14-2008, 08:24 PM
Keeper

Question 0x or 1x Scopes

Are there any states that still require non magnification scopes on muzzleloaders? Nebraska just quit requiring them and I have 3. Trying to decide if I should sell them.

Pete

(Fish Hawk/Powered by Yamaha)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2008, 05:03 AM
Wallhanger

Minnesota is still the land of 10,000 Regulations.... I mean Lakes.... and yes you are only allowed a non-magnified scope during muzzleloader season. Of course it could not be that easy so the DNR says that in order to use a Non-magnifying scope you have to apply for a "special permit for persons with medically verified visual impairments".

Seems kind of ridiculous to me. A normal scope would improve animal kill and reduce wounded deer. Those that contend a magnified scope will encourage hunters to shoot beyond there effective range do not want to realize that those hunters are already shooting beyond there range with open sights or peep sights.

Of course there is also the "traditionalists" that say the sport was supposed to be in the traditional style. Well I have been hunting with a muzzleloader for about 8-10 years and I have yet to see a single hunter with a flint lock rifle. I am sure there are some that do and its great they want to hunt with tradition but I would bet that 99% of the hunters are using the newer style in-line, easy to clean, 209 primer rifles.

IMHO
Old 10-16-2008, 06:09 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpetersen View Post
Are there any states that still require non magnification scopes on muzzleloaders? Nebraska just quit requiring them and I have 3. Trying to decide if I should sell them.

Pete

Wisconsin also requires non-magnifying scopes during our special muzzle loader season.

If you use your muzzle loader during the standard gun season in Wisconsin, you can use any magnification.

I am not sure how you would locate Wisconsin hunters to sell your scopes. Post them on a muzzle loader website perhaps? I don't access any such sites so I can't recommend any particular site, sorry. Maybe E-bay?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2008, 10:12 AM
Brekk

Red face

N. Dakota requires a 1X power.