Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
I'm Mad As #### AND I'm Not Going To Take It Anymore!!! - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Bone Orchard > WC Bone Yard

Old 04-01-2005, 05:57 PM
Charter Member

Default I'm Mad As #### AND I'm Not Going To Take It Anymore!!!

I just bought PA fishing licenses for my wife and I:
$22.00 for a regular fishing license
- 9.00 for a trout stamp
- 9.00 for a Lake Erie stamp
less 3.00 if you buy both stamps
Total: $74.00 (consider I always buy licenses for my grandchildren)

-bought 20 gallons of gas: $44.00
-got my home heating bill today: $140.00
-got my electric bill today: $110.00
-got my truck registration renewal: $86.00
-put brakes on my 5 year old car for inspection: $145.00
-tried to find one thing made in USA at a local chain: nothing! All made in China!
-Just found out my illegal alien neighbor is collecting $1200.00 a month Social Security disability while I worked here legally for 45 years and I'm only getting $507.00 a month.
-Was just told you can't eat more than a half pound of fish per week that is caught from Lake Erie because of mercury.
WHAT THE #### ARE THE LEADERS OF THIS COUNTRY THINKING OF??????????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2005, 06:22 PM
fear Not

Default RE: I'm Mad As #### AND I'm Not Going To Take It Anymore!!!

What would you expect from Arlen "Magic Bullet Man" Spector. Arlen and your Congresman got their 149,000 per year plus lifetime health benefits, while folks like you kept voting incumbents back in office You Sir are a victim of you own actions. Now deal with it!
Old 04-01-2005, 07:02 PM
Charter Member

They are thinking of getting re-elected.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2005, 08:30 PM
CJ

Default RE: I'm Mad As #### AND I'm Not Going To Take It Anymor...

Don't blame our leaders - we're doing it to ourselves. All the demand for Chinese goods sends more manufacturers to China just to survive, which in turn drives more demand for production capacity in China, which in turn drives more demand for energy in China, which in turn raises the standard of living in China driving more energy demand etc. etc. etc. So the price of energy keeps going up and up, and speculators bet the price will go up some more...and so it does, becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy. Meanwhile, we debate and debate whether to allow ourselves to get at oil reserves in environmentally sensitive areas like ANWR or coastal areas. But all that stuff at Wal*Mart (i.e. China*Mart) sure is cheap...what a deal!
Old 04-01-2005, 09:58 PM
Wallhanger

OK, I can't comment on this I go nuts at the mention, you are so correct joepa all you will here here is don't blame the ones in charge of running the country no, they did'nt do it, you did, silly, silly consumer driven economy oops, I said I was'nt gettin in, sorry, now you can smoke the posting I wont even say the 23rd letter in the alphabet LOL
Old 04-01-2005, 11:14 PM
Minnow

Wouldn't you love it if we as a nation started a manufacturing revival for the US. We could do it if we really wanted to... we have the technology and the means. We CAN and SHOULD compete for manufacturing jobs. We need corporate US to take a look at their practices and try harder to keep jobs in US. A serious way to do this is through technology. Mark my words, the next revolution will be in nanotechnology and the US is poised to be the leaders. We just need the corporate smarts and government ready to invest in NASA, NSF, NIST and other research organizations. This is the key!!! Support science and push your kids to study math and business! We are a nation with GREAT people, let fight the economic war better instead of just being the consumers for the world economy. If I had the millions I would put my money were my mouth is - you bet! I would start the next wave in manufacturing and it would be in the US and it would be in technology the other countries could only dream of -- Space, Science, Innovation -- this is the key. If illegal aliens come here they will need to work or leave!

Good post and discussion - sorry for ranting and raving! I'm just proud of the US and want much more for my Kids and Grandkids!
Old 04-02-2005, 03:35 AM
Thunderstick

When it all gets too heavy for me I go fishing.
Old 04-02-2005, 04:33 AM
Wallhanger

its them pinko commie libs.....they wont let us drill in alaska and keep focusing on the environment instead of the big cars we drive...steve
Old 04-02-2005, 04:38 AM
Charter Member

Default RE: I'm Mad As #### AND I'm Not Going To Take It Anymor...

It's not what the leaders of our country (are) thinking, it's what have they been thinking the past forty years or more. What's going on today didn't happen overnight. I'm as guilty as the next, but American's just want more, more, more! It's going to take sacrifice by the American people to get our act back together, and I doubt many American's are willing to do it. Not to berate the fellow that made the post on gas prices and how it's going to effect fishing and boating this year. But it's a good example of what I'm talking about. Here we are worried about having enough money to tow our $10,000 plus boat, with our $20,000 pickup to go fishing, and there are soul's out there that might not even be able to afford gas to get to work, or oil to heat there house. I'm 57 and my folks never had what my wife and I have today. I'm thankful for what I have and figure there's going to be a need for some sacrifice in the future.
Old 04-02-2005, 06:18 AM
Wallhanger

WE have no focus on education, and everyone needs to be special, I am,Me, Me! uor future is sitting at a X-Box not understanding the impact that this attitude will get us