Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
boats.net - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Walleye Boats and Motors

Old 07-31-2002, 03:00 PM
Minnow

Default boats.net

I have been shopping around for a new kicker motor lately and I have decided on the Yamaha T8. Now, I have been searching around for the best price and also support- I discovered boats.net
It seems that they have some great prices, and you don't pay sales tax. BUT- It's mail order and I don't know if I can trust it? Has anyone purchased a motor through them? Any help would be appreciated.
Willy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2002, 04:12 PM
KevinA

Default RE: boats.net

Quite a few people from here have purchased through them...myself included. You'll get nothing but great service, updates on the order at every turn, & fast delivery (if they can get one...T-8's go on backorder fairly often). I had mine in 10 days. Shipping was about $95...then they contacted me a couple months later, said they made a mistake on the shipping charge, and sent me a check for $13...like I would have ever known the difference.

Do it, it's a great little motor.
Old 08-01-2002, 10:28 AM
Big Red

By the sounds of it Willy you should have the T8 on order! That way you will have it by Lake City.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2002, 12:09 PM
Minnow

I bought mine there and had no problems at all. They were very helpfull and a great price.
Old 08-01-2002, 01:04 PM
Wallhanger

It may be a wash as far as the money involved. I bought my T8 through them, but now I have to pay a dealer to do the 20hr, 100hr, etc checks on it. Those are free if you buy it from the dealer (maybe not all dealers.)

If you know what style, size shaft, etc you need; and you're going to rig it yourself, then buy it form boats.net. You will be happy with your decision.

Great Lakes Marine in Littleton, CO and the owner Mr. Freidland (sp?)can get VMC treble hooks caught in their juggulars for all I care.
When someone makes an appointment to have a 20 hour check on the motor and my appointment gets pushed way back because I disclose I did not buy the motor there, that is the appropriate time to also disclose that it will cost $80 and is not included in the warrenty by Yamaha like you said. Thanks for letting me pull my boat all the way down to your shop to then disclose the truth. You would have gotten my money and business if you would have been honest to begin with.

Wishin' for rain in the 303.

Eric Ewing
Old 08-01-2002, 01:09 PM
Minnow

Thanks for the feedback guys, I appreciate it... I think I will give them a shot.
Old 08-01-2002, 01:12 PM
Wallhanger

You guys that have the T-8's what did it take to break them in? My buddy is getting his new rig rigged this week for pickup on Monday, and he is concerned that he needs to break in two motors.
Old 08-01-2002, 01:16 PM
Wallhanger

It will say in the owners manual, but I believe it was so many hours and 1/3 throttle and then so many hours of not going above 3/4 throttle or something.

Wishin' for rain in the 303.