Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Blackhawks vs Ducks Playoffs - Page 8 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 05-20-2015, 01:48 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karloutdoors View Post
Ned, I greed on every count.
Also agreed with the diminishing returns on the overly physically aggressive teams. Yes its post season hockey but how in the world does Stoner not get tagged with at least a double minor if not a game misconduct when he tries to floss Kruger's teeth with his stick. Too many liberties taken in the post season.
Hawks in 6.
The cross check to the face was Shaw right after he cross checked Kruger into the boards head first (same thing that broke Kane's collar bone)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2015, 01:54 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriksat1 View Post
The cross check to the face was Shaw right after he cross checked Kruger into the boards head first (same thing that broke Kane's collar bone)
I think Shaw tried to sell the damage too hard and the refs cooled down on the 2nd penalty.
Still I like the Shaw I am seeing in this series - he thrives on this kind of aggression. It turns him on and it's showing.
He is telling the Ducks ' come hit me you punks' LOL

The Ducks lost because they assumed the PK would beat the CHI PP. Now they have to double think on the aggression strategy..
Old 05-20-2015, 01:55 PM
Super Moderator

I think Kane tripped on his own more or less

The two goals came off of two stupid plays by one dumb stoner that really had little to do with a clean game, the first was even behind the play, but both happened early in the game, prior to the 6:19 mark of the 1st. After those any further penalties they gave up were all part of playing a clean game that cost them zero goals given and they played aggressive the whole way
Actuallythey have already scored one shorthanded and in game two had several other great chances to do it again.
Therefore I question your statement them having to double think on the aggression strategy..since they shut the hawks down for much of nearly seven periods and the hawks showed very little interest in the puck when near the boards

Of course I am not a Hawks fan, nor am I a Ducks fan, but I will not be disappointed if the Hawks get physically abused in this series

Last edited by cyber16; 05-20-2015 at 02:23 PM.
Old 05-20-2015, 03:15 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyber16 View Post
I think Kane tripped on his own more or less

The two goals came off of two stupid plays by one dumb stoner that really had little to do with a clean game, the first was even behind the play, but both happened early in the game, prior to the 6:19 mark of the 1st. After those any further penalties they gave up were all part of playing a clean game that cost them zero goals given and they played aggressive the whole way
Actuallythey have already scored one shorthanded and in game two had several other great chances to do it again.
Therefore I question your statement them having to double think on the aggression strategy..since they shut the hawks down for much of nearly seven periods and the hawks showed very little interest in the puck when near the boards

Of course I am not a Hawks fan, nor am I a Ducks fan, but I will not be disappointed if the Hawks get physically abused in this series

I would hardly say they shut them down, more like Andersen stood on his head and made great saves.
Old 05-20-2015, 03:34 PM
Super Moderator

Indeed he made the saves when necessary actually both goalies did with some luck along the way. I recall some three or four pipes singing to craw
Point being, shut them down comes in several forms, much of these past two games the ducks were on the offense more so than not. As far as I am concerned that quntifies shutting down just as much as not giving up a goal while playing even up for nearly seven periods
Old 05-20-2015, 03:39 PM
Wallhanger

Cyber
you can question my statement as long as you feel the need to...but it won't change the validity or strength of the statement.
Enjoy watching the best 4 remaining teams in the NHL duke it out!
Old 05-20-2015, 03:46 PM
Super Moderator

So you think that the ducks need to change their game plan because they gave up two early PP goals because one player did two dumb things back to back. The Hawks had to come out in this game more motivated being down 1 game and we all knew the onslaught push was coming early, then it was assisted with the two PP. But afterwards when the ducks get their lets under them the remaining 55 minutes of reg time their play style did not hurt them at all? That physical game plan then continued on for what another 50+ minutes and still did not hurt them, while keeping the sharp-shooters in check scoreless
Let alone many of the hockey gurus that know much more than myself all say the ducks need to stick to whats working as it will take its toll.

Sounds reasonable

It's too bad attitude takes over when we're not on the same fan club boosting each others ego's

I am only trying to understand your thinking as it relates to the game, not as a fan.
I understand as being a hawks fan you rather have the ducks not play physical because it does interferes with the free wheeling skating the hawks like to play.
I also understand that there are heath risks, thus far unlike the MN games, no-one has been injured, if it happens, I hope its only from a clean play, not some desperate dirt bag play.

Last edited by cyber16; 05-20-2015 at 05:16 PM.
Old 05-20-2015, 08:19 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyber16 View Post
So you think that the ducks need to change their game plan because they gave up two early PP goals because one player did two dumb things back to back. The Hawks had to come out in this game more motivated being down 1 game and we all knew the onslaught push was coming early, then it was assisted with the two PP. But afterwards when the ducks get their lets under them the remaining 55 minutes of reg time their play style did not hurt them at all? That physical game plan then continued on for what another 50+ minutes and still did not hurt them, while keeping the sharp-shooters in check scoreless
Let alone many of the hockey gurus that know much more than myself all say the ducks need to stick to whats working as it will take its toll.

Sounds reasonable

It's too bad attitude takes over when we're not on the same fan club boosting each others ego's

I am only trying to understand your thinking as it relates to the game, not as a fan.
I understand as being a hawks fan you rather have the ducks not play physical because it does interferes with the free wheeling skating the hawks like to play.
I also understand that there are heath risks, thus far unlike the MN games, no-one has been injured, if it happens, I hope its only from a clean play, not some desperate dirt bag play.
They (Ducks) can play physical all they want, in fact it is there only chance they have at winning this. I still don't think it will effect the out come, but it will cost them more short handed time. I think the league will keep a little closer eye on there dirty tactics after last night.

Last edited by eriksat1; 05-20-2015 at 08:21 PM.
Old 05-20-2015, 10:12 PM
Wallhanger

The thing about checking is if you are not selective, you can take yourself out of position. The way you get a team to back off on the chippy play is to score on the power play when they take dumb penalties.

Shaw is the meat and potatos of the 'Hawks. When I think of him, I see the picture below from the Boston finals.

Blackhawks in 9 1/2.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SHAW_672_PHYSICAL_CHARA.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	154777  
Old 05-21-2015, 04:38 AM
Keeper

When Shaw played in the OHL with the Attack and the Ice Dogs I never really heard much much about him. That sure has changed, especially come playoff time. He is a player any team would love to have. As far as Stoners fist to his face, well, Shaw aint no choir boy either. LOL!! Enjoy the rest of the series Guys , its just starting to heat up!