Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Scout Boats - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Tournament Message Board

Old 08-31-2010, 07:49 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneye View Post
Wearing a hood, a cape, and a pair of stretchie pants, and armed with only a fishing pole and a can of worms. The Masked Avenger stands for all that is good and pure in fishing. Go Masked Avenger, Go. You are not alone.
Maybe he could skip the stretchie pants.
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2010, 10:38 AM
Fred B.

Default Y not

I see no harm in it. We all work in teams and thats the point of it. Come day one we all know were each other are gonna be. We dont have issues to often of people moving in on others. No different than you going to a spot and looking off to the side and looking at other boats. So i dont understand y it would be an issue..
Old 09-01-2010, 11:28 AM
T Larson

Question Listen to the question!

What, the question was. Is it ok to have a budy not in the tournament go around the lake looking for others that are in the tournament on tournament days then to either keep notes or to call or text or even Email you? With todays phones all of these are possible. I hope that no one even thinks this is ok! I have fished the MWC for many years. There has been teams that work together to cover water, share info, and stay together to cut cost on hotels & food. But there is no contact on the water during tournament hours. The question that you ask? NO this is not O.K it is flat out cheating and should be viewed as BS, anyone taking part in this should be kicked out of fishing and not be able to fish as a pro again! If we as fisher people stupe to this level, it would be the start of the end! Is there cheating? Just put money on the line and watch the cheating start.

Good Luck to all, who do it the hard honest way!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2010, 03:22 PM
Wallhanger

No scout boats........... How about the rig with the Furuno that can track 32 different targets simultaneously? Keep tabs of your key competitors from take off to weigh in. Any rules about having radar on the tourney boat?
Old 09-01-2010, 04:25 PM
Just a pro

Look at it this way. If you have to depend on scout boats to bolster your finish you probably should not have been there in the first place. Yes, scout boats have been used by some pros in an attempt to keep their consistency going. Sad but true.
As for the issue of partners or the so called "teams". When money, ( winnings) are shared between individuals, that is when things really do start to get perverted. Rules don't just get bent, they get broken. History has proved that and it has not advanced our sport. Sharing money results in far too many questionable "team" activities.
Go ahead say it isn't so. Some of us do know better.
Old 09-01-2010, 06:04 PM
Minnow

Default Episode #17 There is no I in Team…I think

Episode #17 There is no I in Team…I think

Peacefully curled up in front of my 67” flat screen television set enjoying a humorous Tom and Jerry cartoon and blowing bubbles into my chocolate milk, I noticed the all too familiar walleye signal flashing upon the surface of the clouds. What to do, what to do. Do I stay and wait until that intelligent rodent outwits that pesky feline or do I fulfill my super hero duties and aid the improbably impaired? Sorry Tom and Jerry, justice waits for no one!

I quickly scramble to my feet, neatly fold and put away my blanket and walk around the house to make sure I have turned off all the lights. I then double check to make sure the iron is unplugged. I pick up the fish fry phone and was told that Commissioner Carl caught a cold and could clearly cause a colossal contagion so Captain Chuck was courteously conversant in his chitchat on the corruption.

I opened the trap door that lead to my super duper secret hideout and sat to enjoy the downward ride, however, like a poorly greased frying pan I scorch my heinie descending the plastic child’s slide I permanently borrowed from the neighborhood playground. This non-STD related burning sensation reminded me that my reliable stretchie pants have been detained at another location for a good wash.

With my stretchie pants at the dry cleaners, I whisk through the backyards and snatch the first pair of tiger print leotards hanging from a cloths line I see. Stopping briefly at a garden shed to get rid of my everyday cloths and magically transforming into that adored super hero The Masked Avenger!

A group of pro fishermen had a great plan,
Create a backdoor deal as long as they can.
Taking the concept of individual sports,
And twist it to include ones own cohorts.

A handshake and a wink bound them for eternity,
Holding hands together like a college fraternity.
It wasn’t enough for them to share information,
Now they got greedy and wanted to protect location.

Inadequacies created a need for a defense,
So they hired another to run interference.
He swerved and swooped, steered and looped,
And by the end of the day he was completely pooped.

That night at the hotel they would pat the back,
Of their new paid weapon that others did lack.
Hiding the fact they need help to fish and then,
Go public and call themselves the real fishermen.

Can’t figure out why the public doesn’t like,
Watching pro fishing on any given night.
Anglers that do the above here is a clue,
Maybe… just maybe… the problem is you.

People hire guides to show them where the fish are,
But don’t claim top status once back in their car.
Teams are just dandy if it is presented that way,
The public doesn’t like deception as goes on today.
Old 09-01-2010, 08:45 PM
some pro

Thumbs up Poem

Clap Clap Clap Clap
Dead on Masked avenger

Last edited by Golden; 09-01-2010 at 09:03 PM. Reason: because it needed it
Old 09-16-2010, 04:19 PM
Charter Member

Default I hate the Twins after

reading this report today from their front office.

" The Twins have begun preparing for the postseason by starting to scout potential playoff opponents.

Mike Radcliff, Twins vice president in charge of player personnel, is already following the Tampa Bay Rays, with Florida area scout Bill Corrigan. Bob Hegman, Twins American League Central scout, will begin following the New York Yankees this weekend, with East Coast area scout John Wilson. Ken Compton, who follows the AL West, will follow the Rangers this week with Texas area scout Marty Esposito."

Heck...their no better than those bad boys that fish for a living! LOL
Steve Fellegy #49
Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about the things that matter. MLK
sf1954@embarqmail.com or 651-270-3383 cell#
Old 09-16-2010, 07:36 PM
Charter Member

I am with steve on this one. The tournement world needs to get spiced up a bit in order to get the attention of potential fans. They need to air the dirty laundry!! Watching guys troll on TV is boring.

They need to do more behind the scenes stuff. As a fan, I want to see who's teamed up. I'd like to see who's pissed at a certain talepiper. I want to see a pros normal routine throughout the tourney. I want to see the guy that is so broke talk about his hard year, etc..

As a fan, I am so sick and tired of the same old stuffy speech by the winner where he explains how his plan fell together.

I hate pro basketball, but everytime I saw Dennis Rodman on the court, I'd watch. Same goes with Mike Iconneli (sp).

Heck, each week millions of people tune into watch "Big Brother". Tell me what they do to capture the interest of viewers?? The answer... NOTHING!! They are just being themselves. Real Life.
Old 09-17-2010, 06:42 AM
just fish

Default It Hurts

I agree with the statement by Steve we need to spice it up, but don't agree with scouting as it is a form of tailpiping. Which is no different than seeing another Angler or Anglers catching fish and moving in on them. When and if it happens to you all out there, you will wonder where the words respect, honesty, hard work, and friendship come into play. I for one don't like it, I would rather zero than stoop to those methods. Could the sponsors see some of this going on and turn their back on our sport, because of our lack of respect for other fisherman. John Schneider