Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Anyone want to take my place at Gouin end of May - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 03-26-2014, 10:42 PM
Keeper

Default Anyone want to take my place at Gouin end of May

I have a fishing trip booked at Oasis du Gouin for May 28-June 1 this spring (4 nights/5 days). Unfortunately something came up and I can't go, and I'm hoping someone wants the spot so I can get my deposit back.

The outfitter is on an island in the center of the Gouin reservoir about a 7-8 hour drive north from Montreal. They pick you and your gear up at the parking lot in a pontoon boat and it's about a 10 minute ride to the location.

Boats are very nice 16 foot Polarkrafts with 20 hp 4 stroke yamaha engines that go fast enough and troll slow enough. Last year I brought a 45lb transom mount trolling motor and they will charge your battery if you have one, but I found it unnecessary with the smooth and quiet yamaha. I brought my own, but I believe they have sonars for rent too.

The cabin is an open plan with 4 bunk beds, 2 singles and 2 doubles. There's a wood burning stove, a gas barbecue, electricity, bathroom and shower in the cabin and fridge, stove and all utensils and cookware are provided and everything is very nice. The cabins are well spaced from one another and this one is about a 3 minute walk to the dock. The staff is very helpful and friendly and they supply a nice map of the area and will mark recommended spots for walleye and northerns.

My reservation is for 2 and the total price including tax is $883.01CDN. The price per person including all taxes is $441.50 CDN(in case your group is more than 2). They furnish 1 boat for every 2 people so it's better if you're an even number of people. I'm not sure if the cabin is available for before or after in case you'd want a longer stay, but that's easy enough to find out.

You'll need an SUV or Pick-up as the last hour is a little too rough for a car. You don't need 4 wheel drive, just a little extra ground clearance.

Here's their website http://www.oasisdugouin.com/a_index.html

PM me if you think you might be interested or have any questions.

Thanks

Kartman35
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2014, 12:23 AM
Keeper

Default Oh yeah I forgot to mention...

In addition to the price above, not included is your Quebec fishing license which 45.22 for a week or 67.55 for the year for non residents and 20.96 for residents, and also 30$ per person for 'access rights' to fish on the Gouin (anyone fishing on the gouin has to pay that), all gas, food and drinks (you bring your own).

Also don't forget your sheets and blankets (or sleeping bag), pillows and towels and PFDs.

Oh and if you decide to go I'll tell you where and how I caught most of my walleye there last year...
Old 04-03-2014, 04:14 PM
Keeper

And I'll kick in a hundred bucks...783.01 CDN...that's 710USD for four nights/5 days for two...it's a real sweet deal...I'm told the northerns are very aggressive that time of year...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2014, 11:47 AM
Minnow

bump... for a great outfitter!
Old 04-10-2014, 01:25 PM
Keeper

Thanks for the bump Canyon...looks like we won't be meeting this year after all...too bad...I was looking forward to it..
Old 04-23-2014, 07:59 AM
Minnow

That sucks for you not going. Well if all stays the same we will be there next year too! May see you then.
Old 04-23-2014, 08:36 AM
Keeper

Default Found someone the trip is off the table!!

Actually Canyon...it doesn't suck too bad...the reason I can't go there is because I just bought a brand spanking new fishing boat and the road is too rough to get there with my boat. Couldn't bear the thought of leaving my boat in the driveway and going fishing in a rental....

I'll actually be camping on the gouin at the same time with my new boat and wall tent...just in a different spot that's more accessible (less than 100 miles of gravel).

The spot near Oasis I was referring to in my above post was the little bay across and just slightly to the north from where the parking lot/pick up spot is. I had good luck there super early in the morning trolling back and forth with a bottom bouncer, 4 foot leader to a slow death hook. Super nice spot sheltered from wind. There is a little island in there and you can see it on google earth.

Good luck, good fishing and post a trip report with pics when you get back.

Tight lines

Kartman35
Old 04-30-2014, 10:49 AM
Minnow

I totally understand. I wouldn't want to drag a new boat and trailer across some of those roads. I think they are re surfacing the last 25 kms to the parking spot but we will see how much better it is. Good luck to you also and looking forward to seeing some pics from your trip too!