Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
No plug no water-unbelieveable - Page 4 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 09-10-2009, 11:20 AM
Wallhanger

Well the one time I left the plug out puttered over to the marina, went inside bought some things filled up the boat with gas, poured the minnows in the back live well. Started out, when I hit the gas water came up over my ankles. Talk about doing the modified stationary panic. So I would count my blessings in your case. Putting the plug in became a part of the pre-launch checklist. It has been my observation that putting it in is highly recommended, and is the best practice.

Burr is too funny, I think water in New Mexico runs up hill so we don't have the same logistical problems.

"Love is something more stern and splendid than mere kindness."

C.S. Lewis
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2009, 05:14 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by karpbuster View Post
Burr is too funny, I think water in New Mexico runs up hill so we don't have the same logistical problems.
Ya want to hear some top-secret information - well, just pull up a chair and I'll tell ya a little story. It's true - it really is.

You know that pretty glitter stuff in glass boats? Ever wonder what it is? Well, I'm here to tell ya...

Over at Lund, at the end of each day, they sweep the floor of all the scrap created during the day. Well, in this pile of garbage are these little pieces of aluminum. They take that aluminum and put it in a grinder and make little shards of aluminum out of the scrap, box it up, and overnight it to Ranger.

Ranger takes the shards of aluminum and put it in the glass boats. It's the sparklie stuff you see in the glass boats. It's aluminum that gives glass boats strength and beauty.
Without Lunds left-over garbage, Ranger boats would be weak and ugly.

Now you know the rest of the story. Gosh, I feel like a living Paul Harvey sharing all these little known gems of information.
Old 09-10-2009, 05:27 PM
Wallhanger

Default Sure!

Now their just strong and Ugly. Cant stand that giant disco glitter on certain fiberglass boats. Makes me want to dig out my " Angel Flight " pants and silk shirts and go dancin on the river. I woulda bought the new 621 with a 300 Verado but it was just too darn sparkly, so I got my nav with the 75 instead.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2009, 06:56 PM
Keeper

Default Plugs with cords

Quote:
Originally Posted by mata View Post
the plug is suspended in tbe hole by a plastic cord and when the water tried to enter the plug recaped the hole. Probably not a perfect fit but letting very little water in. My 2-cents worth after reading all these posts, thanks all!
My Waverunner has the same plugs. You still get a bunch of water in the bilge. I think that I did not notice it cause I was going full throttle most of the time.
Old 09-10-2009, 07:01 PM
Keeper

Default One-way valve?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadTaxi View Post
My Waverunner has the same plugs. You still get a bunch of water in the bilge. I think that I did not notice it cause I was going full throttle most of the time.
He has to have a one-way valve. Water goes out but does not go in?

http://autoparts.pricegrabber.com/en...700446565.html

Either that or he has gotten used to the boat riding low?
Old 09-11-2009, 08:54 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burr View Post
Ya want to hear some top-secret information - well, just pull up a chair and I'll tell ya a little story. It's true - it really is.

You know that pretty glitter stuff in glass boats? Ever wonder what it is? Well, I'm here to tell ya...

Over at Lund, at the end of each day, they sweep the floor of all the scrap created during the day. Well, in this pile of garbage are these little pieces of aluminum. They take that aluminum and put it in a grinder and make little shards of aluminum out of the scrap, box it up, and overnight it to Ranger.

Ranger takes the shards of aluminum and put it in the glass boats. It's the sparklie stuff you see in the glass boats. It's aluminum that gives glass boats strength and beauty.
Without Lunds left-over garbage, Ranger boats would be weak and ugly.

Now you know the rest of the story. Gosh, I feel like a living Paul Harvey sharing all these little known gems of information.
Burr its ok lol .a lund is like a belly button eveyones got one lol
Old 09-11-2009, 11:54 AM
Slot Fish

Did the same thing about a month ago on my 619. The plug gets pushed back into the hole by the outside water pressure. My auto bilge kicked on several times in about five hours. I know one thing, you cant reach down low enough with the boat on the water to reach the plug to screw it in.
Old 09-11-2009, 12:27 PM
Wallhanger

Talking

Leaving the plug out ...a Ranger won't take on all that much water due to the way it is constructed.
It is a good feature for idiots. (just kidding).

But... the post is kind of a "finesse" troll.......IMHO
LOL!
Old 09-14-2009, 07:18 PM
Keeper

Talking

Funny stuff.........LOL
Just wondering if it could be one of these one way drain plugs? http://www.marineengine.com/products...php?in=3671746
Old 03-11-2012, 09:08 PM
Minnow

I've got a 1850 - had the family out for 2-3 hours anchored swimming with the kids with no drain plug - told my buddies about it and we all remembered the Ranger commercial with the boat all cut up and still floating. Crazy thing but it didn't really fill up that much