Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Lake Trout Fishing - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 04-01-2003, 05:33 AM
Fritz

Default Lake Trout Fishing

I am going to Canada in early June to fish walleyes, but there are lake trout in the lake also. What do I need to catch some?

Thanks,

Fritz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2003, 06:34 AM
Bud

Default RE: Lake Trout Fishing

It depends on water temp. the colder the beter I say some shad rap in blue/white&blue/silver that will dive 10--20ft. troll points and dropoffs.
Good Luck
Old 04-03-2003, 09:53 AM
Keeper

On our flyin we get some of the snap weights, place about a 3 oz weight about 40' in front of the lure and troll a Risto Rap in 50' of water.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2003, 10:56 AM
Keeper

I agree with the snap weight idea as I use them, but any weights (2-4 oz) will work. Put them on a dropper or in-line. If you use more than a 5-6 foot leader behind the weight to the lure, snap weights are essential for landing. I run either big rapalas (size 11 or 13) or 5/8 oz Doctor spoons in silver/gold bouncing bottom in about 40-50 feet of water in the NWO fly-in lakes we fish in mid-June. When we find a concentration, we mark it with a buoy and stop and drop 1 oz jigging spoons on their heads for a while. A portable sonar is indispensible for finding them. I'm going to try the J18 jointed rapala this year hoping for a real lunker.