Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
620 bilge pump switches - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 04-20-2011, 02:19 PM
Wallhanger

Default 620 bilge pump switches

Playing with the boat today and noticed that when you wake up the dash touch pad, the light blinks by the off button and also by the manual bilge button. I tried holding the manual button in to reset the breaker but no go. Maybe a bad pump?

Also , how does the auto bilge switch work? The pump is on float standby when the switch is off and comes on like the manual when the auto switch is activated? Mine turns on when the auto switch is on. Is that right?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2011, 03:07 PM
Wallhanger

Probably a bad manual pump, and yes, that's how the auto pump works in mine. Even with the main breaker off, that float operated pump will start. Had a guy at a stoplight get pretty excited and flip me off once when it came on and doused his shiny Mustang!!
Old 04-20-2011, 04:29 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modog View Post
Probably a bad manual pump, and yes, that's how the auto pump works in mine. Even with the main breaker off, that float operated pump will start. Had a guy at a stoplight get pretty excited and flip me off once when it came on and doused his shiny Mustang!!
Now that one made me chuckle a bit. Yeah , I answered my own question by reading the manual again. I guess I breezed over it the first time. This whole pushbutton starting sequence has me wondering if I should install the old fashioned key.

I unplugged the pump under the floor and the breaker reset, so after some cussing I got the slimy a@@ pump out and the whole body was cracked . Time to order a new one. And some good bilge cleaner, yuk.

This 620 has the rear casting deck. Will the two rear clips interfere with the way the rod rack mounts? Assuming the clips are a standard Ranger item and not his own invention.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2011, 04:35 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Now that's funny. Must have been a real city boy to think you had control of a bilge pump 40 feet away.
Old 04-20-2011, 05:31 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoker62 View Post
This whole pushbutton starting sequence has me wondering if I should install the old fashioned key.
It's not a bad idea to get a keyed backup. You can get them at your dealer. I keep one in case the keyless should ever fail, you know it would happen 1000 miles from home !
Old 04-20-2011, 05:40 PM
Wallhanger

"This 620 has the rear casting deck. Will the two rear clips interfere with the way the rod rack mounts? Assuming the clips are a standard Ranger item and not his own invention."

No they won't. I'll email you a spec.
Old 04-20-2011, 05:47 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Had a guy at a stoplight get pretty excited and flip me off once when it came on and doused his shiny Mustang!!
Now Modog, aren't you being a law-abiding citizen and pulling the drain plug after you pull out???
On the other hand, that auto-float switch save my butt last year. I know a guy who, after launching, and still tied to the dock, wondered why is that pump spewing water out the side?

HRG
Old 04-20-2011, 05:47 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevtow View Post
It's not a bad idea to get a keyed backup. You can get them at your dealer. I keep one in case the keyless should ever fail, you know it would happen 1000 miles from home !
or right at the start of a two day tournament.....that happened to me last year, I called ranger and ordered the backup key so it will never happen again.
Old 04-20-2011, 05:51 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Runr Guy View Post
Now Modog, aren't you being a law-abiding citizen and pulling the drain plug after you pull out???
On the other hand, that auto-float switch save my butt last year. I know a guy who, after launching, and still tied to the dock, wondered why is that pump spewing water out the side?

HRG
I knew someone was going to beat me up for that!!
I was kind of glad I forgot to do it this once. The look on pretty boys face was worth it.
Old 04-20-2011, 06:10 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevtow View Post
I have a key and switch in the storage box. I imagine you could plug it in under the dash at the harness and use it that way for an emergency. Does it automatically bypass the push buttons start when you plug it in?