Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Ranger reata 1850 options - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 02-09-2011, 11:49 AM
Wallhanger

I will chime in with a few options. Since both motors you are considering are 2 stroke, get the remote oil fill and have them mount the oil resovoir down in front of the motor. Saves you space in your rear storage next to the battery. I would definitely get the Terrova and a 3 bank battery charger too. Keel guard, compartment lights, etc. Those are the main things. Like CC said, you can get the engine interface cable for the Etec and see all of your engine data on the Lowrance network in the boat. Pretty sweet. Winterizing is a breeze and they are sweet running motors. If I was all about speed I would have went 175 ProXS merc, but for every other reason and being a die hard Evinrude fan, I went with the Etec and haven't regretted it a bit. The performance difference between the 150 and 175 Etec was maybe 2mph and not worth the money. Bigger difference in the Merc line though. take care....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2011, 03:11 PM
Minnow

Default ranger reata 1850

I was quoted 41750 for the following options and he will install a deckhand 40 ancher winch beside my electric motor and raw water wash for an extra 940. Does this seem a fair price? I think I will upgrade to the terrova 80 as some suggests for 300 more. Also tell me if I'm missing a good option.

Ranger reata 1850 with etec 175 with the following options,
cover
family fun pack
transom saver
front rails (23" if possible)
rear rails 56"
curtains for the stand up top
keel protector
extra 12 v receptacle
hydraulic seat pedestal (driver and passenger)
on board charger 15x3
LED gauge for set back
8" hydraulic set back (TH)
remote oil fill
tilt hydraulic steering
lowrance hds-7 insight console backmount
lowrance mark 5x on the bow
24 volt 70 PD US/I pilot-54" W/O footpedal
all neccessary accessaries for electric motor
- TM plug
- quick release bracket
- battery holders
boat buckle tie downs
Old 02-09-2011, 06:19 PM
Wallhanger

I would definitely skip an anchor winch up front myself. Ugly and in the way. I have the quick release bracket on my bowmount and I see you have that on there. If you had the anchor winch, removing your bowmount wouldn't matter. Don't know about a deck wash? Seems expensive for those two options anyway. You have the rest covered pretty well. If you do go with this setup, I will be curious to see how it performs with the jackplate!! Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2011, 06:59 PM
Phoeye

Default reata

I don't have knowlege on the Merc or E-Tec but I have a 2009 1850 w/ the Yamaha F-150 + 9.9 kicker. The Yamaha has been a great motor. WOT I run around 47-49 w/ 2 guys + gear. My dealer said adding a jack plate is a waste of money on this hull. I believe a previous post said don't base your decision on top end speed and I agree totally. Definatly go w/ 80 lb and get the I-Pilot. I love my Reata-awesome boat.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:45 PM
Keeper

I plan to order an 1850 in Jan 2012, I will fish one more season out of my current boat. I am between the 150 Pro XS and the Yam F150. That quoted price is that out the door? or do you still need to add tax title prep etc?
Old 02-09-2011, 08:17 PM
Minnow

Have to add 5% sales tax to that price. Getting mixed reviews on the jack plate, will be nice for shallow water manuvering. Probably going with the 175 etec, so will have to choose between white or blue. My boat will be color option 5. Would be disappointed if the 1850 has a 200 hp limit on the 2012 model. Seen the lund tyee 1850 up their limit to 200 at the boat show in Calgary.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:22 AM
Wallhanger

Last time I checked, you can only get the 25" shaft 175 in white? One more reason I went with the 150, cause 08' was the first year they offered the 150 25" shaft in blue. Had them put the HO flag decals on. Looks sweet!! I would also opt for the Ipilot on the Terrova and skip the anchor. It has a spot lock feature which will hold the boat in position.
Old 02-10-2011, 09:07 AM
Keeper

Here is a pic of mine. The white ETEC looks really good on the 1850....IMO. As BW mentioned...I think you can only get the 175 ETEC long shaft in white...and the 1850 needs the long shaft. You can get the 150 ETEC long shaft in both blue and white. Not sure why they don't offer this for the 175. I also went with a custom red, white, blue color option from the factory. I love it! I've yet to see another boat like mine!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ranger Pic.jpg
Views:	968
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	7841  
Old 02-10-2011, 01:13 PM
Minnow

cc-rider, your custom colors look sharp with that etec. You guys are right, I checked and you can only get a white 175 etec which is fine with me. BW, do you have the terrova 80 with I pilot and does it really replaces a need for an anchor most of the time? I fish a big body of water and can be jigging for walleyes in two to three feet waves often. Will the spot lock hold you on a reef in those conditions?
Old 02-10-2011, 02:19 PM
Wallhanger

Here is how my 1860 is rigged:

Power:

175 Suzuki 4s with Merc Rev 4 25p (which I need to replace with 23p or 21p)
Terrova 101
Yammie T8

Electronics:

Humminbird 1198 (console)
Humminbird 858 (bow)
VHF radio with little giant antenna (RAM mount)

Boat options (bow to stern):

Walk through windshield
4 bank charger
Bow rails with rod holders
Bite seat
Compartment/livewell lights
AM/FM/CD/Sirius radio
Rails on sides and across stern with rail-mount rod holders
Snap in carpet
Venturi aeration system
Bimini top
Boat/motor covers

My rigger also added some after-market LED lighting for the area behind the consoles and reinforced the fiberglass shelves under the consoles.

Love it! Great boat!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9256.jpg
Views:	934
Size:	304.9 KB
ID:	7853  

Tags
1850 , options , ranger , reata