Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Lund cover vs. custom - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 12-27-2012, 03:07 PM
Keeper

Default Crestliner Cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmsteve View Post
I'm looking at a new 2011 Crestliner right now with a factory cover and although not a Lund I believe their both made in the same factory now and all I can say is the cover on the Crestie is crap compared to what you could have made by a good local company for the same money. Its actually a sicky point of the sale as I don't want it and neither does the dealer which I totally understand. When you have it made yourself you get better material and a cover made exactly the way you want just my 2 cents.
I have a factory cover on my 2011 Crestliner and it has been great. No leaks, snaps on the back and front work easily, and the way the sides are held down work great. easy on easy off. It was also made so that the cover fits perfectly around the kicker motor.

I personally think it's much better than the custom cover I had on my last Crestliner. Again, just one mans opinion.

Chair
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2012, 11:58 PM
Minnow

I had the factory cover on our 1775 impact. We towed with it on always. We had no problems. We also got about two miles per gallon better fuel mileage. I've got another Lund cover ordered for the new pro v. I like the Lund covers. Also I agree that covering the motor with a cover will result in more wear to the finish from the wind flapping the cover.
80 terrova w/ipilot link
Humminbird 1198 si/di bow & console