Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Thinking about a new Yarcraft...talk me out of it - Page 5 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 10-02-2014, 09:11 PM
Wallhanger

I think this one has grey gel bottom.

https://www.facebook.com/YarCraft/ph...type=1&theater

No- sorry was not gel. I found another picture and it appears is gunmetal polyflake.

I like the boat design program, but sure would be nice when it could be more interactive and present the pics in the true colors.

Last edited by ozarkeyes; 10-02-2014 at 09:19 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2014, 07:53 AM
Wallhanger

I would imagine the poly flake grey hides a lot more than flat gray. I went with white bottom just to be on the safe side. I did not want to be the one to discover why nobody has a flat gray one....

I used the online tool to build the colors and looked quite a bit at the facebook page for color ideas which helped out a ton. After I got color I thought would work on the interactive flash page, I went to the dealer and held the samples up to the 186 tfx in the showroom----I did this for about 7 days in a row---and finally found what I like.

Some colors on the computer were very different from the real colors once I got there---but its a great tool to get you in the ball park. The computer just cant show poly flake like it is in person and on some colors it makes a huge difference.

Also, as I looked through the facebook page, who are those people that ordered those purple yarcrafts! You have to give them credit for there unique taste.......
Old 10-03-2014, 08:26 AM
Charter Member

Default packer fans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeblue View Post
"who are those people that ordered those purple yarcrafts!"
my guess is Packer fans... after last night, looks like they eat purple.

So what colors did you end up with?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2014, 08:53 AM
Wallhanger

Cap---white

Hull---Malibu Silver (just a touch of flake in this one)

Running surface(bottom)---white

Main Stripe----Remington Mist

Shadow stripe----white

Pin stripe---Silver mist

Very close to having main stripe Apple Red-----but I the colors I chose are going to match the Yamaha 200 on the back---and that was really the deciding factor over red---remington mist has that blue gray look almost exactly like the Yamaha motor-----

I still prefer the light gray bottom but, don't want to be the guniea pig on that one.

Now comes the wait.
Old 12-30-2014, 11:13 PM
Minnow

codeblue,

Thanks for the confidence and we hope you enjoy your new 186 once ice out happens up there.

YCB

Yep, we have both BCB and YCB registered to us and we just now started using it when we check Walleye Central concerning Yar-Craft threads.
Old 12-30-2014, 11:25 PM
Minnow

Default More

CKM, Shorty Evans's family had the hearse led by his Lincoln pulling his Bass Cat with a banner pole to pole that said "Shorty's gone Fishin'".

Here's a link to the Serial Number production albums.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Yar-C...22530577842527
Old 12-31-2014, 06:18 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by YCB View Post
CKM, Shorty Evans's family had the hearse led by his Lincoln pulling his Bass Cat with a banner pole to pole that said "Shorty's gone Fishin'".

Here's a link to the Serial Number production albums.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Yar-C...22530577842527
so the hearse didn't have a trailer hitch?