Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Ordered New Boat - Wrong Color Came - How would you respond? - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 08-25-2016, 08:15 AM
mk cant log in

Ordered a Chevy Blazer. 6 weeks later dealer called and said 'its in'. He took me to the delivery area and said there it is. I said "where?" Well, right there, he says. No, I didn't order that ugly thing, where's mine?

6 weeks later mine came in, the right color.

I've found that if you don't like it today, you'll really dislike it next year. Get a Good discount or order another one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2016, 08:19 AM
Wallhanger

If the colour you want is discontinued then you wont be able to get the color you want anyways. So maybe get them to change the cover an bimini to blue and see if you can get a reduced price on the boat.

If the colour was still available i would refuse the boat until they got the order/colour right.
Terrova w-Link
Old 08-25-2016, 08:27 AM
Keeper

You think you hate it now, wait til you drive it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OBN9Qilu8Y

thought you could use a laugh doc
Minn Kota Terrova 112 Ipilot Link

Last edited by Stratos219; 08-25-2016 at 08:32 AM.
Old 08-25-2016, 08:30 AM
Wallhanger

Paint can be color matched very close to samples, the boat manufacturer has the paint codes even if it was discontinued. Give the dealer the opportunity to find out what the possibility is in doing so and whether it can be repainted, at their expense. Same with the bimini and cover fabric dye codes. If they say no way, I would look for another dealer and walk away ; flying the deuce salute while walking out the door.

PjShorthorn.
Old 08-25-2016, 08:41 AM
Hat Trick

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-man View Post
If you are not happy with it now, you won't be happy with it a year from now.

They would have to offer me a SERIOUS discount to settle on something I don't like.

Enough of a discount that I could turn around and resell it for a profit

Otherwise, F- it, and move on.
Yep!
Old 08-25-2016, 08:43 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratos219 View Post
You think you hate it now, wait til you drive it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OBN9Qilu8Y

thought you could use a laugh doc

I DID ANYWAY!! HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!
NPAA #950
Fish On!
Old 08-25-2016, 08:59 PM
Keeper

$0.02 from the Heartland: You won't be a jerk in telling them it's not what you ordered, and that the color isn't acceptable to you. They'll already know that you relied upon their representation as to the color scheme, and that their representation wasn't accurate. That's unfortunate all the way around - and from your description, the responsibility is theirs. Now the proper thing is for them to make it right, either by refunding the deposit on the boat that you ordered which they were unable to deliver, or perhaps you'll make a deal on the black or tan boat, or some other resolution.

In any event, you're not being a jerk in declining to accept something materially different from your order, and that you don't want. Buying a boat should be fun - not an unwanted compromise based upon something like this.

Good luck with your decision, hope things work out to your satisfaction.

John
Old 08-26-2016, 05:25 PM
Wallhanger

Go to boattrader.com and search for your boat. Some dealer has 1 and would like to get rid of a 2016
Old 08-27-2016, 09:56 PM
Wallhanger

I had kind of a similar experience when I bought my last truck. They did a dealer locate on a truck matching the options and color I wanted. When it arrived it was gray and not sliver. I rejected it and they said they would find one. A day later I go to pick up my new sliver truck and it had half of the options I wanted so I rejected that vehicle. They offered an adjusted price and a $2000 discount if I took the truck. I almost decided to accept it, but l figured that I had to live with the truck for the next 6 to 8 years and would miss the features I had ordered like power heated seats, rearview camera and extension mirrors. So they went back to the drawing board and found the truck that matched my order. Moral of the story, only accept the deal if you can live with it. Otherwise, get a refund of your deposit and find another pontoon that you would be happy with over the long term.
Old 08-28-2016, 07:19 AM
Wallhanger

Bottom line ...its not what you ordered...you wont be happy and I wouldn't take it even at a discount. You will always be telling the story about "it's not the one i ordered but i got a good deal"

YouTube...Jim Lyon Fishing