Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Backtroller Avid - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 08-30-2013, 07:15 PM
Keeper

Default Backtroller Avid

Yesterday my wife and I got to look at a Backtroller.Crawled all over inside and out.I was more than impressed.The pictures and videos on the website don't do it justice.There is way more storage space on this boat than any other 17 tiller I've looked at.The rod boxes are big and deep.The bow storage is great.Fit and finish on the boat we looked at was great.
I talked with John the owner of Backtroller and I'm in the process of ordering one.Just got to come up with the right color.I'm leaning toward a Forest Green with gold metal flake.Going to put a Etec 75 on it.Terrova 80# I-pilot with I-Link and a couple of 800 series Humminbirds.My wife is as impressed with the boat as I was.She's as excited about getting one as I am.Bill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2013, 08:49 PM
Keeper

Did you take it for a ride? You'll like it. Consider a little more money and go for 900 series HBs.
Old 08-31-2013, 06:15 AM
Wallhanger

I talked with John earlier this year also. Really impressed me and the boat is set up nice. Are they offering more color options now? Just curious if anything has changed? It is still on my short list if I move to a tiller in the future......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2013, 07:56 AM
Slot Fish

Default any color

you can get any color and any metal flake combo. They just did white ones for a while because that is what was ordered. I think the upgrade in color/metal flake costs $600? I am still impressed with the storage. Rod storage is super nice.
Old 08-31-2013, 09:59 AM
Charter Member

Btm,
If you get it in battle ship gray with a gray charcoal interior, it will be the easiest color boat to take care of.

Be safe
Old 08-31-2013, 10:06 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by REW View Post
Btm,
If you get it in battle ship gray with a gray charcoal interior, it will be the easiest color boat to take care of.

Be safe
Yep, but that takes the fun out of spending 30K on a new boat!
Old 08-31-2013, 10:25 AM
Wallhanger

I've fished out of one a few times this spring, flawless stable platform. Had a 70 zuke on it.
Old 08-31-2013, 11:12 AM
Minnow

Default got to see one up close

Finally got to see one up close a month or two ago and I was really impressed as well. I think they are onto something. Wish them the best of luck.

as far as color, let her pick! you have to score points whenever possible.
Old 08-31-2013, 11:22 AM
Minnow

Default Backtroller Avid

They look real nice, but you left out a Vantage 80 and Wave Wackers - then you'll be ready for anything.
Old 08-31-2013, 11:39 AM
Keeper

I can get about any color I want in the boat.I have a pair of 800 Humminbirds now and really like them.I thought I might go to a 1158 on the back instead of 2 800's.No battleship gray for us.This boat needs to sparkle.My wife can pick out any color she wants.I'm still torn between the 70 Suzuki and the 75 Etec as my motor choices.