Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
2006 PWT Championship Payout - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Tournament Message Board

Old 02-19-2006, 08:03 PM
Wondering

Default 2006 PWT Championship Payout

Does any one know what the 2006 PWT Championship Payouts are? Checked for them on the PWT website and I can't find them or am doing something wrong. Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2006, 09:11 PM
PWTpayout

Default RE: 2006 PWT Championship Payout

COPY & PASTE HYPERLINK

http://www.in-fisherman.com/pwt/tour...FP_06purse.pdf
Old 02-19-2006, 10:09 PM
Wondering

I found that but it does not list the PWT Championship payout. What I am looking for is the 2006 PWT Championship payouts page. Also, where is the PWT Championship going to be held?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2006, 08:03 AM
Spring of 2007

There are rumors yes rumors floating around that the Championship will be fished in the spring of 2007. Hows that for another great PWT idea.
Old 02-21-2006, 02:30 PM
Charter Member

Maybe Bismarck, ND October 13-15th??? :cheers: Jim Carroll NPAA #333

From the Bismarck Tribune, 01-31-2006: news-local

Walleye championship could return this fall
By RICHARD HINTON
Bismarck Tribune
Although it's not a sure thing, there's a better than average chance that the In-Fisherman Professional Walleye Trail Championship will return to Bismarck this fall.

"I'm just working on the details right now. It's a bit premature," Jim Kalkofen, the organizations's executive director, said Monday by telephone from Baxter, Minn.

He planned to review his findings with the In-Fisherman staff and do some follow-up talks with businesses and other people in Bismarck.

"As soon as I know we are all on the same page - and, frankly, I feel we are - I will come back with what we are going to do and let everybody in on it."

Although the weigh-ins and the sport show likely would be held at the Bismarck Civic Center again, the anglers most likely would fish on Lake Sakakawea, probably staging out of Fort Stevenson State Park, south of Garrison.

The impact of a PWT Championship on the Bismarck-Mandan economy is difficult to measure, Terry Harzinski, executive director of the Bismarck-Mandan Convention & Visitors Bureau, said Monday.

Instead, the benefits come from the publicity Bismarck-Mandan receives from national writers who come to cover the PWT Championship and possibly hunting opportunities as well, said Harzinski, who met with Kalkofen last week.

"Depending on how we put it together, we should be able to get some TV spots out of it," he added. "I think the PWT is a great event for the community."

Kalkofen was in town last week to meet with businesses and organizations that would be instrumental in pulling together a PWT Championship event. He listed visits with marine dealers, the North Dakota Game and Fish Department, the Chamber of Commerce, the Bismarck-Mandan Convention & Visitors Bureau, the state Division of Tourism, Bismarck schools and the Bismarck Civic Center.

He said he also had a "really good meeting" with a committee in Garrison, but he has yet to meet with anyone from Fort Stevenson State Park.

On Kalkofen's stop at NDGFD, he talked with Director Terry Steinwand and fisheries division chief Greg Power about a mid-October championship event and picked up a tournament application.

"Initially, I'm OK with it," Power said Monday of the fall timing, but he stressed that nothing is final.

Bismarck last was the host city for the PWT Championship in 2002. That stop marked the sixth time in seven years that the PWT's year-end event was held on our part of the Missouri River. Last year, the championship was held in Kansas, and it was in MIchigan the two years previously.

Asked to rank Bismarck's chances from one to 10, with 10 being a sure thing and one being no chance, Kalkofen answered, "Seven point seven five.

"I'm very optimistic we can put all of the pieces together and return to Bismarck. There definitely is a huge fan base, with a lot of outdoors people there," he said.

(Reach outdoor writer Richard Hinton at 250-8256 or richard.hinton@;bismarcktribune.com.)
Old 02-21-2006, 03:17 PM
Charter Member

Bismarck would love to have the championship come back. Thanks for posting Jim, I missed that article.

:-) :-) :-)
Old 02-22-2006, 07:59 AM
Vikings Fan

I had heard Cass Lake, MN. Isn't October 15th when Pheasant Hunting opens in North Dakota? Putting the Championship on that weekend would not help the attendance.
Old 02-23-2006, 01:15 AM
Charter Member

Pheasant opener is indeed Oct. 14. I've always hated to hunt opening weekend because of all the traffic. Remember Cheney..... Get out and enjoy the Championship if it comes to ND again. You have the rest of the year to chase those wild roosters. And by the way they get to be more of a challenge if you give others a chance to stir them up a little over opening weekend.

God I love ND!! decisions, decisions, decisions!

I'll be putting in for vacation Oct 6-15th to enjoy the festivities if they come to town. Sign me up JK. observer, patrol boat, launch drill sergeant, parking attendant, weigh master, guard duty........................
Old 02-26-2006, 11:02 AM
Charter Member

Robert, I think you forgot the most important duty "KP". I'll put the good word in for you. LOL Mike