Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Ranger 24 volt vs. 36 volt bow mount - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Walleye Boats and Motors

Old 06-17-2003, 02:54 PM
Skippy1029

Default Ranger 24 volt vs. 36 volt bow mount

I am purchasing a 620 Ranger and have to decide on whether to install a 24 volt or 36 volt bow mount trolling motor. Obviously more power is better, but the 24 volt is less expensive to purchace and mainain; plus there or more options/models to choose from. I realize that some of you are thinking that if I wanted to save money, I should buy another boat, but I want a Ranger.

I fish Lac Suel and Lake of the Woods and vertical jig and bottom bounce mainly. I use to own a Lund Pro V 1900 LE with a PinPoint 24 volt (74lbs of thrust) and it met my needs.

I would appreciate a responce from those of you who own or have owned either a Ranger 620 or similar boat.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to responce to my post.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2003, 03:36 PM
Jon

Default RE: Ranger 24 volt vs. 36 volt bow mount

Get the 36 volt. I have a Maxxum 101 on my 620 and am glad I chose it over the 74. It really makes that much difference(in my opinion)especially during windy conditions etc. I think the 24 volt would be fine but I guess the question you have to ask yourself is did you ever find your self wishing you had a little more power with your 1900. If you did then get the 36 volt motor.
Old 06-18-2003, 01:28 PM
Skippy1029

Thanks Tom for your comments. They definitely helped
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2003, 01:35 PM
Skippy1029

Jon:

Sorry about the mis-typing of your name